Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

You Give Love A Bad Name Cover

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

@highmtn @videoace @Gaston_Jauregui @Michael4000 @Vocality @HuduVudu @blondiewales @bentk @victortang
Fun song. Full of harmonies! My favorites.
Hope you enjoy and feel it.
Give me feedback.

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @Diego

It's so much fund doing Rock Classics they have so much feel and individuality.

Great cover notice to have used some effects as well and great rock vocals as well..

Well done
    George
  • Just remember us little people. ha ha

Peace
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    Your singing is really good lately. I can hardly think of anything to critique. Maybe work on your accent a little. Very very well done Diego.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    good job! I would try to maintain the throat a little more open at all ties because it sounds a little squeezed which is the way Bon Jovi does, but in order to sing this types of songs and not kill your voice in the process would be better :), but again this was a very good job
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Sounds good, Diego! You're having fun with it. I'd like to hear more lead vocal and less harmony on the Chorus. Watch out for the overdubs being louder at times. Great lead vocal tones.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @Vocality Thanks! I just used reverb to make stuff sound more Bon Jovi-e.
    After analyzing Bon Jovi's voice, I can definitely see how he lost his voice completely lol.
    @videoace I will! Don't worry about that.
    @Michael4000 Thank you so much Michael!
    @Gaston_Jauregui Yeah, it's pretty hard to sing like him since everything he sang wasn't that healthy. Thanks for the feedback.
  • @victortang I'm sure Diego will hook you up with some tickets lol
    edited January 2019
    @highmtn Thanks Bob! I did have a LOT of fun!
    What do you mean to make the lead vocal stronger?

"Watch out for the overdubs being louder at times"
    Yeah, I forgot to edit the volume of some dubs. Dumb me lol.
    I did like 8 overdubs stacked 4 panned left, 4 right.

I wanted it to sound fuller.
    It didn't sound quite as full as the original though don't know how to do that correctly?
    Any tips?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    On the chorus, it's a little dominant with the backing vocals. I think it would sound better if the backing vocals were more in the background and the lead vocal on the chorus were more up-front.

That's just a personal preference. It still sounds good.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    You are doing well Diego, thanks for sharing! Good job on the harmonies.
    I agree that the throat can be more open. Several parts also sound a bit too nasally to me.

There are also some unwanted volume spikes in certain areas. Which microphone do you use?

Keep going and keep doing the KTVA exercises!

All the best,

Ben
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Diego,

"Oh, you're a loaded gun, yeah
    Oh, there's nowhere to run"

Really cool. Your voice is growing and growing and ... I am curios how big it will become.

I am with Bob ( @highmtn ): I think the mix would benefit from the backing vocals not being as loud as the lead vocal. Cuttings the highs out with an EQ would help too. The lead vocals shut be clearly upfront.

And hear some nasality, too, like Ben. And I agree with Gaston that you could open the throat a little bit more.

But, very, very cool job, Diego.

Doc