Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method

Will volume 1 expand my vocal range?

Hi guy, I'm currently on volume 1 and I'm wondering if vol 1 alone can help me sing higher. Or do I need to wait until vol 2 or 3 to see progress in terms of my vocal range.

Comments

• You will have some gains as far as widening your current register, but volume one is your foundation. Getting that particular volume down well will be the best thing you can do.
    The techniques we train with allow us to reach higher in the register so if you get the techniques down, you will have the notes.

Is there a particular singer you are interested in sounding like?

Peace, Tony
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @eonleemusic,

everybody's voice is different. I came from nothing - not a able to sing a single note on pitch. My highest note was a F#4 (with massive straining). I do my exercises at least 6 days a week for 1 hour. And I personally gained massively. I am still on Volume 1. Not only range, but also resonance, breath control, pitch, ...

Doc
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Hi @eonleemusic, it will help you in every way, the point is discipline, its a matter of time
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @eonleemusic,

good to see you on 2.0 PRO. The best choice you could have ever made. Good to have you with us.

Doc
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    edited January 2019
    @eonleemusic

Welcome to the course great choice, Ihave been on the course for 9 weeks now and still on volume 1 definately noticed increase in top end. Ok range is one thing this course improve all aspects, Range, Tone, pitch, Agility and stamina.

Regards
    Vocality
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Focus on quality and getting the technique right. You'll have to watch the videos several times to really get this down. VOL1 sets you up with some crucial cornerstones.

As for increasing range, this will come with time. If you can go higher without strain or 'pushing' than the exercises currently presented, then you could choose to go a little higher. But only with correct technique. If you feel that you are already stretching the chest voice, then just go with the exercises as they are. Everyone's voice is different. I am more experienced with the program, and i go a little higher on some of the exercises where i can.

Focus on quality. Don't worry about range. If you work the program as it's meant to be, you'll grow your voice in every aspect.
  • OldieOldie 2.0 PRO Posts: 15
    Hi All
    Just downloaded the course and watched with anticipation of what a journey I face was brilliant BTW.
    I have had several surgeries for a deviated septum (broken nose) nose blocked well you get the picture had already had tonsils removed so open throat technique should be ok

No sympathy please I was challenged to join a friend to sing for a charity gig sometime in the future so there lies the issue, I haven’t sung for 14 years I have little support. Diagram I mean so it’s a total rebuild.
    I know I can sing and was average to good on occasion

This will be my future and it will be a long journey let the proof be in the singing is a great moto.

I will be posting some before I start the course properly singing.

Oh and I’ll add I’m now 54 please don’t tell my brain