Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Cover of Sound of Silence - Disturbed

RicardoLangnerRicardoLangner Member Posts: 9
Hello all!

Recorded this one last weekend, hope you like it! https://youtu.be/fwEZgNZ9F88

There are some problems yet, maybe because of classical background.

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi @RicardoLangner , I think that sounds pretty good. I liked the "operatic" touch! Timing was off here and there I believe. and I think you should put the lyrics somewhere where you don't have to look to the side/bend your neck, so that you can keep the posture throughout. It's a great song!

what is your classical background? if I may ask.

best wishes, Klaus
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    I do see you have a classical background. I can tell you are darkening the sound a lot on some parts and pushing a little too hard on high notes. Try hitting them a little softer and then you amp it up with good support.
  • RicardoLangnerRicardoLangner Member Posts: 9
    Hello dudes, thank you for the postings!

@Klaus_T , thanks man, I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, after seeing the video I took notice of timing and the place I've put the lyrics on, thanks for validating it! Actually the classical education is still an ongoing thing since one year and some months. I'm still polishing the techniques, but I simply can't stay away from rock and roll heavy metal stuff... It's on my roots! For now I'm studying some German Lieder and German arias for baritones.

@doc_ramadani , thanks man!

@Diego , thanks for your comment! Good tips man. Sometimes I become kind of afraid of loosing the classical way by belting the notes, or by simply not singing classically, since singing correctly needs so much to be relying on sensations. But, yeah, I felt the need to softening the notes, specially after seeing the video - thanks for taking the time to analyse and even more for the instruction on how to get there, I'll practice it! (btw this tip already helped me in my classical practice today!)

The spirit of this forum is really good: it inspires to contribute!

Best wishes to you guys!
    Ricardo
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    Nice job! I would suggest darkening/covering your tone a little less.
  • marianomariano Member Posts: 1
    my first and big incognito in this song is how is David is seting up the part "people talking without speaking" specially the words talking and without that you can hear a different set up, sounds like a belting mix but very very chesty, how he does that? does he low larynx and up his soft palate? or what?
  • Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101