Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Breathing?

Hi everyone the cats left home hit a brick wall. Anyway here's my question, my words or notes often go flat or weak at the end of a verse or bar any tips?

Comments

• Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    You are using too much air at the beginning of the phrase, or you need to more physical stamina. Either way you need to manage your air better.
  • Options
    NathJ_2018NathJ_2018 2.0 PRO Posts: 241
    Breathing exercises are key to that (well from my personal experience) I'm about 5 months now in the program and I am still working on it but if you do all the breathing exercises every day as a routine it will pay off BIG TIME I can assure you

Keep on singing xxx
    Nath
  • Options
    NathJ_2018NathJ_2018 2.0 PRO Posts: 241
    the worst one for me are the sit ups.... but they did really made me realize how much pressure is needed on the diaphragm so do not skip on it, it's really important ( and that's coming from someone who did not care for them at the beginning)
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Without hearing you sing a scale, like on the AH vowel, we don't really know exactly what you're doing, so we're theorizing without any evidence. Give us an example of you doing a scale from one of Ken's videos.
  • Options
    kirkkirk Member Posts: 11
    HI just trying to getting the courage to post something at the moment having trouble saving the sound whilst using laptop mic will work it out and post if I can sing whilst the family moan, I must be able to post haha tks I'm just going to keep on trying love this course etc
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    @kirk , as someone who could not imagine posting a LAH scale on here when I first started, let me assure you it is no big deal, people here aren't going to laugh or judge you, they will just give you valuable input and it will make your workouts so much more focused on the right targets. as I see it, the course would still be great without this forum, but the forum takes it to a whole new level. the fact that you can be SURE to not do the scales the wrong way and learn it the wrong way, and later having to go back to unlearn all the mistakes is PRICELESS.

once you post your second scale, you won't even think of it as something you need any courage for
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    ...plus you can always ask us for help with technical issues you may have with your recording setup etc