Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from Missouri, USA

Hello all,

Looking forward to checking out all of these lessons. I was never a singer (perhaps a few backups here and there in previous bands). I was always a bass player. Several years ago I became ill with a muscle disease that causes my muscles to easily severely cramp with repetitive actions or sustained holds. Needless to say, it was an end to my bass playing.

Then about 3 years ago, I became ill with a mast cell disease which eventually caused me to become allergic to all foods and a variety of environments. I lived with going through severe allergic reactions over and over again, day in and day out, several leading to ER visits to get them under control. After nearly a year of trying to diagnose and then treat that illness, my throat was a wreck. I could not even sing along to the radio in my car without coughing.

I told myself "everyone deserves the right to sing, even if they don't sing well. Singing is wonderful for the soul". So, I hired a local vocal coach and he helped me rehab my vocals back to where I was able to sing again. After a little more time, I actually achieved a vocal quality that was far greater than ever before. I decided that I wanted to practice more and see if singing could replace my bass playing. My coach moved away and I was on my own, but after a year of continuous work, I just ended up as the lead singer for a local band. Now, its time to take my voice to the next level and I'm looking forward to this course helping me out because the material that I need to sing is extremely challenging (Iron Maiden Tribute Band).

I'm looking forward to chatting and bouncing ideas around with this community while we push forward with our vocal training.

Louis

Comments