Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

NEW DEMO COVER

Hey Bob....Been a long time. I have been working long at improving my vocals and practicing microphone work as well. i basically went back to the beginning again with the aim of getting this right....I just knew that I was understanding was not correct...and am now starting to understand 'open throat' a lot better now. As far as I am concerned, I am sounding a LOT different now.
However, because I have been the only judge, I would like your opinion (which I have always trusted) on this demo.
Its just one tune (I have recorded a few more)...But its just this number for now...
Hope all is well with you my man and good to connect with you once more.....Feel Im going forward here....
Cheers Tom
https://audiomack.com/song/sealrose/never-let-me-down-2

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Tom! You Found It! Your Singing Identity! You sound so PRO on this, it's just awesome.

You know how I always hear your progress, and then tell you the one or two things I thought you needed to work on? This sounds really good just like it is. Perfect first line of the song. Perfect all the way through.

Great tone! Nice Open Throat Sound! I often talked about minor pitch issues. This is bending a lot from note-to-note, but they're all done just right, with the right starting and ending pitches.

Well Done, Tom! :)
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Tom,

we haven't met yet since I am a newbie (nearly 7 months on KTVA now). Very cool vocal performance. Very convincing. Absolute cool vibe. This is artistry! The song reminds me of my own british wavepunk times in the late 80s (i.e. Dead Or Alive - You spin me round).

I love the distortion you put on the vocals. But for my personal taste the mix of the vocals is a little bit too harsh. Maybe you want to re-check it in comparison to a reference track.

Doc
  • sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162
    Hey Bob this is Wonderful that you liked this...like I said, I was the only one to judge myself.....so this comment coming from you is awesome.....Im gonna be on a High for a while!!!.....thanks Bob.
    I will post some more soon. I will tell you that Singing is Now becoming very,very enjoyable....
    There is a lot that I worked on, but I dont think I need to tell what those were....You know, you have been with me from the start and listened to my progress over time.
    More to come (demos and improvement)
    Cheers Bob and stay well Boss....Tom
  • sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162
    Thanks Doc. I have done another mix of this tune and placed the vocal more upfront and brought the sound down in the final mix....sometimes when I mix my own stuff I do tend to make the final mix a bit rich if you know what I mean.
    So I will re-post the new mix of this soon....Again, thanks for your positive comments Mate.
    Cheers Tom
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @sealrose great job!
    Glad to see you back with a cover. Constantly improving. Very nice.