Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello everyone

MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
Hello, everyone. Pleased to meet you. My name is Jacqueline, but I go by Mysti. I live in Florida. It is nice seeing people from all over here.

I sang for a lot of my life, but never had any instruction, so never knew what I was doing. I had some piano lessons and can play a bit, but would love to be able to play the guitar. I really have never been a strong singer, no matter how hard I tried. The best that I had was a music teacher in high school that told me when he played notes for me, I was able to repeat them back exactly. Of course, those were in an easy range to sing around middle C.

I have looked for singing instruction on the Internet in the past, but gave up about 10 years ago. There didn't seem to be a lot of substance. I recently started looking again and saw Ken's videos on youtube about breathing through the diaphragm. He is the first person that has actually explained what that meant well enough for me to understand. That got me excited, and well, here I am.

I started two days ago doing breathing exercises and today got to the burbles. I found those so relaxing to do - almost like meditating. I hope to go even further tomorrow.

I saw the weekly challenge that is being done. That looks like a lot of fun. I am going to join in this week privately and do it.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here. Many thanks to Bob for helping me get my account straightened out. :smile:

Mysti

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Welcome @Mysti. You've come to the right place. :)
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Thank you, HuduVudu. Nice to meet you.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Welcome to the course @Mysti this is a great course.

George from Scotland
    Thank you, George. This course has taken me from information drought to information overload.
    @Mysti

Once you get started no too bad alot info to take in initially and getting the basics down first is really important.

George
    @Vocality That is good to hear. How long have you been doing the course?
    edited February 2019
    @Mysti

Been on the course for 4 months now my biggest gains so far are at this stage, had to sort out pitch issues, recieved quite a bit of help and advice here from @doc_ramadani @highmtn @HuduVudu @Michael4000 @Diego they have been a great help and appreciate it very much.

My advice to anyone starting, dont rush anything take your time and if you get stuck plenty of help here by either posting demo ,Youtube, Soundcloud etc. Someone will respond to help you out.

George
    edited February 2019
    @Vocality That is great advice. I have used SoundCloud before. Not sure if I am ready for YouTube.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Even though I just got here, I feel like I have found exactly where I need to be in this cozy part of the Internet.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Mysti welcome! there´s a lot of info here so you are gonna like it!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Jacqueline, @Mysti

a warm Welcome also from Germany. You definitely came to the right place. And @Diego is right. This community is really working. Get involved. Maybe you want to join our weekly assignments. It is so interesting to hear so many students recording a certain song each week.

And there are so many nice and helpful people here. And our great moderators guide us so well. You will love it.

Doc
    @Gaston_Jauregui Thanks for the welcome! I was nervous about the cost of the course, but after a few short days I am finding I do like it a lot already.

@Diego. Thanks for the great advice! I keep finding interesting and helpful information all over the forums. It is nice to find so many friendly people like you here. I am taking your advice and listening to some of the student demos and reading the feedback. It is already helping in my understanding of the lessons. I will make a Lah ah recording when I can. Should be next week. Any pointers are appreciated, and I will take all the luck you can give! :smile:

@doc_ramadani Thank you for the warm German welcome! I am trying out the assignment this week, and I love the song chosen.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Welcome, Mysti!
    Thank you, Bob! @highmtn There is so much great info I feel like I am drinking it in through a fire hydrant. LOL! I really appreciate your patience helping me get setup.

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354