Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Highway Tune Cover

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

Comments

• Options
    Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    Sounds awesome Diego. I love the effects. What effects did you use? I can't find anything to critique. Sorry, I tried LOL
  • Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Hi Diego, this is pretty cool, just the "wow mine" parts, are a bit off , not reinforced, I would work on that, you have to kind of incline the voice there to get that sound, kind more into the nose, either that or bridge it from the chest to the head, on what volume are you?
  • Options
    @Michael4000 Thanks man! I only used reverb actually, the rest was manually done effects. I manually did an echo with two different recordings. I placed one track a little after the other one so it would create that effect.
  • Options
    @Gaston_Jauregui Yes. I was not quite scared how to hit that note without sounding too strainy or forced so I just went for the easy way. I'm still on volume 1 actually I'm a bit hesitant to move to volume 2.
  • Options
    @victortang HAHAHA! Me? MJ?
    lol. That's quite the compliment.
    I like to think of myself as a really Mercuresque Michael Jackson.
    Freddie Jackson. How about that lol.
  • Options
    LoneWolfRogueLoneWolfRogue 2.0 PRO Posts: 265
    This sounded great it's like rock meets Michael Jackson, I like it! Nothing to critique here either. Timing was good and tone and pitch were good too

Rogue
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Diego,

wow, I love the vibe you put in there. You really rocked it. Soon you will have the ability to do this "wow mine" with your rock voice. Very cool. With every recording I am more impressed how fast you grow your voice.

Doc
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    @Diego

Great demo there you really rocked, must that say that song really sits in nice with your voice and it was good to hear the rock side of your voice.

That what one of the things I really like about this course we have the potential to sing really good in different styles.

George

• Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Diego I think you are doing great already you shoul try volume 2 and see how you feel it, you can always go back if you feel you cant, but by the way your voice sounds I think you wont have a problem :)
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    @Diego , amazing job, as always :)

"It's still good to at least dream lol."

definitely! MJ and FM have certainly also wanted to copy their heroes when they were starting out, and people would have told them they were being too ambitious (although in Michael's case, it was probably more his dad's dreams he was following). keep doing what you do and see where it leads you!
  • Options
    cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Very cool, Diego! I heard a little Robert Plant in there. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    yes, I see what these guys are saying, Diego's highest notes are completely in head voice and sound very disconnected from the voice he is using in the rest of the song. So yeah, I agree, try to add a bit more of a chest/head mix up there. It's pretty high though, that's a D5.