Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Demo on my version of Bob Segar Old Time Rock & Roll

Well here goes have a listen and please let me know if you like.

https://soundcloud.com/user-655368135-887002322/old-time-rock-and-roll/s-F5JMl

Enjoy

Vocality

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Vocality slow down.

You are anxious and that is causing you to be too fast in the song. This is very common with new karaoke singers. Relax and listen to the backing track. Do the song over and over again by yourself so you feel comfortable with it, so when you sing it it is like an old friend.

You're working to hard to not shut down your throat. Remember when we breath we automatically shut down the throat so when we are about to breath we can safely shut it down. It is important to keep an open throat through the phrase not through the entire song. Also give a little more to the consonants. It is easy do to with the front of the mouth without screwing up your throat position.

Your intonation has indeed improved, but in your nervousness you are not matching your roots to the backing track. I am very certain that this is just from you focusing on your singing and not on the entirety of the sound. It is bourne from being anxious. Once again reps.

This song is very doable for you. I think with a lot more reps on this song you will do it well. Also practicing one song to perfection is a great guide on how to replicate it with other songs.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @HuduVudu

This song I tried and it seem to fit in right with my voice, yes wanted to do it better, will work on it and yes get little carried away. Your not the first person to say relax a bit more in this song, confident I can do this one well.

Okay will work on this song, took everything on board!!

Thanks Shane
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    You will definitely be able to do this song well. You "feel" it and it is fully within your range.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Good Morning, George,

very good to see that you get pay off for your hard work. You are really improving. To add to what Shane said: you created your own melody. But I guess, not on purpose. It sound like "it just happened". Maybe it helps you to have sheet music of the song to visualize how the melody should sound.

But this one is really doable for you.

Doc
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @doc_ramadani

Thanks for your comment yes the melody is not quite correct, gonna slow it down and concentrate on getting the root note correctly. Hopefully if I zone in on the root everything will follow.

Improvement on pitch exercises is beginning to show in songs, toggle exercises are helping increasing agility so I do them regular with my scales.

Interested to hear what I sound like at the 12 month milestone.

George