Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

HI :]

adl149adl149 Member Posts: 4
I am new to this forum.I enjoy singing but i am not sure if i am any good.
If you could listen to a couple of tracks and let me know how to improve.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Welcome @adl149 to the Forum.

Had a listen to you 2 songs your are at a really good starting point, noticed more covered sound on the lower notes on "In The Ghetto", are you going to do the course? if so think you would greatly benefit in all spects of your singing, tone, range, agility and stamina.

Theres a great bunch of folks here to help you through any issues that arise, Ken has some free tutorials in the mean time, I would recommend you try them out they will improve your voice but the main course is awesome.

Nice to have you here.

@Vocality
  • adl149adl149 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your reply.I will give the free tutorials a try to start with.Hopefully will see some improvment.
    Thanks again :)
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited March 2019
    @adl149 sounds really good. yeah check out the free stuff on youtube and see what you think you would like to work on. the free stuff is a good way to find out if you can benefit from the program.

the course is great btw! :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @adl149,

a warm Welcome also from Germany.

Nice job on these two songs. You already earned some singing skills. Personally I would try to uncover the low notes a little bit and work on timing to make it sound even better.

The free stuff is great. A lot of students started with the free videos to check out if the course could work for them.

Doc
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    welcome from Mexico great job!
    Thanks for your comments. Sorry if i am being stupid but what do you mean by uncover the low notes?
    :)
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @adl149

When we sing very low notes it can sound flat covered, we learn to compensate, partly with good open throat and practice it takes time accomplish.

Vocality
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @adl149,

for us at KTVA "covered" means "darkened", "closed" or "a little bit operatic". What do we mean by that? - You bring to much weight into the sound. You sound very manly and are really go at imitating this great "Elvis swagger". It is good that you are able to do so. But you should also be able to sing the this song in the style of a Singer / Songwriter like, let's say, Paul McCartney. How would Paul sing this song?

For me, but that is only my personal opinion, you could brighten up these low notes a little bit. If you do not you will always sound like someone that sounds like Elvis. And ... I am real Elvis fan. The Vegas Shows (August 1970) are absolutely amazing. There, he is the real Elvis.

Doc
    Thanks for your reply.I am also a big Elvis fan and i agree that the Vegas 1970 shows are great. I wish i could do Bridge over troubled water and Just pretend.Maybe its years of listening to Elvis that has affected the way i try to sing.What do you think i should try and focus on to improve.
    Thanks
    Adl14