Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

Practicing A Capella? pros and cons?

NathJ_2018NathJ_2018 2.0 PRO Posts: 241
Hubby has been trying to help me with my singing since the very beginning and I love him for all his support (shout out to you love xxx) but lately he suggested that I try to learn my songs A Capella to try to identify my range more easily (like when he plays bass live with me or my son the electric guitar) it's easier for them to adapt to my range than the other way around but I aiint sure it's the way to go (although I understand what he says)

Can you guys let me know what you think?

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Nathalie, @NathJ_2018

I think that fried chicken loving hubby had a very good idea. To sing a capella helps also on learning melodies. It was a very important point for myself to notice that I cheated through songs when singing to a playback but was not able to sing the melody correctly without the playback. @IraR suggest recently in comment that it would be helpful to even use sheet music. I absolutely agree. These days I grab my guitar or sit at the piano and play the melody first and that sing it.

To my opinion singing a capella really helps a lot.

Doc
  • Options
    NathJ_2018NathJ_2018 2.0 PRO Posts: 241
    thanks @doc_ramadani and @Klaus_T I'll give it a try :)