Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello from Israel

VladVlad 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
My name is Vlad, and I've been interested in singing for some years now, especially with people commenting on how great my voice sounds, but I've always been discouraged by my vocal range.
I've started doing some voice practices in the past year, but I don't feel like there are much improvements, maybe I can sing a note higher at best.
My voice is incredibly low, in my chest voice I can go as low as G1 without cracking and even a couple notes lower but the mic doesn't pick up on that. But on the high side I'm strangling getting past B3 without either jumping into F4 head voice, or collapsing completely.
My head voice is more flexible though and goes from E3 to C6, although after G5 I switch from head voice to some head voice+ and sound like a screaming child.
So my main interest right now is expanding my chest voice to at least the "normal" range and hitting all the way up to F-G4.
I've tried a lot of videos on youtube, daily scales, and warm ups, but I don't see improvements.
So I was wondering how effective this course will be for me?

Comments

• cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    @Vlad Welcome from USA. Glad you could join us.

Here is my quick story. I was doing "free" KTVA youtubes off and on for several years, and finally decided to buy the course in November 2018. I have been playing guitar for 35+ years. I also sing, but with poor technique, which is why I bought KTVA.

Like anything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. Ken recommends 30-60 minutes of daily vocal workouts (lifting weights, so to speak) for at least 5-6 days per week. Singing songs comes after that. If you are doing that consistently (with our without this course), you will see growth in your vocal abilities - tone and range. BUT, these things take time, just like building muscle takes time.

In my 6 months on the course (I am still on volume 1), my technique has gotten better, along with stronger head and chest voice. I maybe picked up a couple half-steps in range. I am doing the coursework on most weeks at least 5 days per week, 30 - 45+ minutes per day.

What you get with the course is structured workouts, more in-depth videos than what Ken posts free, and deeper access to this forum where folks like me will answer questions and help you along your vocal journey. Buying the course gave me the structure I needed to "easily" complete daily workouts. But, having this forum has also been a huge blessing.

Bottom line. The course will be effective for you if you invest the time and discipline yourself to do the workouts as Ken instructs. How much and how quickly you grow depends on many factors outside time and discipline, just as it would without the course. :) Having the course makes learning easier because it takes away the guess work as to what you should and should not be doing.

I hope that helps. Please ask more questions if you have them.

Chris

• MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Hi, Vlad. Welcome from Florida!

If you are committed to doing what you learn from the course daily, it can be very effective for you. I hope you join us.
    Also, check out our friend, Doc. 9 months on the course and he's never sung before, though he is a musician.

I think you can get to this link.

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/comment/58435#

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Vlad hi im gonna be straight honest, this program is the best you´ll find, if you have the discipline, just buy it, it will grow your voice incredibly you wont regret it, if you dont feel you have the discipline, let me tell you this is a long term training, yes youll get some quick results but to get THE voice, you have to train daily for a long while, hope this helps
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hello @Vlad,

a warm Welcome also from Germany. Good to have you here. You will find very nice people here (like Chris, who you already met, Gaston and many, many more). This place is a great learning environment. Even if you are unsure wether it is worth to buy I would like to invite you to stay with us. If you are unable to buy the course we will try to help you.

Doc
  • sagemacgsagemacg 2.0 PRO Posts: 240
  • VladVlad 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
    Thanks @cwcw @Mysti @Gaston_Jauregui @doc_ramadani @sagemacg
    After some consideration and decision making, I've decided to get the course and stick to it for as long as I can, and hopefully learn to sing finally! Will try to post some progress.
    Thanks for the support! :smile:
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Hi, @Vlad. So glad to have you with us.
    Very cool, @Vlad Glad to have you join us!
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Vlad hi, good decision! you are not gonna regret it!