Home Psychology of Singing

Visualization, inhalare la voce

In my practices, I've found that the mind can command the body to do anything and the body will follow through every single time. It's quite fascinating and exhilarating. The visualization of inhaling the tone or drinking the tone is one of the most powerful ways to think about singing. Keeps the throat open and conserves air. 👍 I was wondering if anyoneelse pictures this inhaling of the voice and what other mental images you might apply with yourselves. Singing is equal parts physical and mental and it's so fascinating I love it, peace y'all ✌💙

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Spiralis, @Spirals

when I first heard of the imagination of inhaling the voice I thought: "That is physically impossible.". Today I use this imagination everyday during my practices. :smile: - And it helps me especially when I am singing very lightly (i.e. bridging in head voice at very low volume).

Doc
  • SpiralsSpirals Member Posts: 7
    It just makes so much sense to me. And seems so simple. It seems likeit just frees everything up. I'm going to begin thinking this way as I'm running through the course exercises.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    @Spirals,

do you own the course?

Doc
  • SpiralsSpirals Member Posts: 7

@Spirals,

do you own the course?

Doc

Yes, indeed, for just over a month now
    Hi @Spirals.

Since you purchased the course you should get your forum status updated. Please find the instructions here..

Then you will be able to access the internal students areas. You will find much more categories then you are able to see now.

After having updated your forum status, to make it easier to have an overlook what is happening in the forums:

When you enter the forums the normal way you will see the "category view!. You can see all the categories with the last 5 discussions that were active in this category. This can sometimes be a bit confusing because you can not see what is happening in the different categories on the first look. Many students, including myself, prefer the "discussions view". In the the "discussions view" you can see the last discussion regardless in which category they have been posted. If you look at the top line of your browsers window yon can read "Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singers Forum" (or if you are on a mobile device "KTVA Singers Forum). Next to it it says "Categories" - "Discussions" - "Activity" - ... Click on "Discussions" and you are in the "discussions view". For me, this view is easier because I can see all the latest things that happened in the forums.

Doc
  • tlmerritt42tlmerritt42 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    Hey Doc,Thanks for the tip to me as well! This can be overwhelming!!!