Home The Singer's Lobby

airy tone while exercising for stronger RnB/Pop tone?

itsJohnnyitsJohnny 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
Hey guys,

i've been wondering if i shouldn't rather exercise the scales in a airy more mixed tone, in order to become stronger in controlling the shifts? For a RnB/Pop Tone of course.
Is it possible to grow a strong light voice? I feel like singing the belt scales rough up my voice and cut off my sensitivity.

Just a bit concerned, what do you think?

Johnny

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Johnny,

It sounds to me as though you don't have proper diaphragmatic support. Making your tone more airy is going to make the problems that you are having worse not better. When you say shifts, I am assuming you mean intonation. If you are having problems with that then Volume 1 has a module that deals with that specifically.

Yes, it is not only possible but inevitable to grow a strong light voice if you are following the course. One of the problems many people have is over singing.This coupled with improper support can be very rough on your voice. In your practice work outs try to find the path of least resistance so that you don't have to work as hard to create the notes you are looking for. This takes some experimentation to find but it well worth the time.

Shane
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @itsJohnny,

since you are a student I would recommend to ask your questions in the students' areas of these forums (e.g. https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/the-pharynx) to get more detailed informations.

Doc
  • itsJohnnyitsJohnny 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
    Thank you both :)
    I tihink i know what i was missing

Johnny
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    :smile:

Thanks for your PM. Ich antworte Dir morgen. Ich hoffe, dass das okay für Dich ist. Liebe Grüße, Marco