Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Beatles song for review

@doc_ramadani @Gaston_Jauregui @Klaus_T @cwcw @Diego

Hey guys,
I just had half day completely free so I decided to record something and show to you so you can help on my singing path.

A Beatles song: WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS

Thanks in advance for taking the time to listen and comment

Claudio

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FzC0EaxzE7ol5RaNtPJZUyORMxdGA1tu

Comments

• Options
    cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    @Claude77 (Claudio)

I always applaud people who put themselves out there for comment. Good on you! :) And, thanks for sharing.

Decent attempt. You had a pretty good feel and vibe for the song overall. Pitch was decent on the verses, but the head-voice sections were really off, especially the high notes.

Keep working!
  • Options
    Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    edited May 2019
    Thanks @cwcw you are totally right and do you know what? How stupid I was? While singing this song fort the chorus I didn't go directly to my head voice but what you are hearing is a kind of mixing voice between chest and head but more chest :( .

As soon as I read your comment I put the original song on and listened closely, then I tried to sing over and I went directly to my head voice for the chorus and it was so easy and smooth!

So, shame on me.
    I just approach it the wrong way and thanks a lot to you for making me understand it.

This forum is so important for such things.
    C.
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hey, Claudio,

very brave that you show up here. Man, you chose a very hard song to demo. The bridge into head voice in the chorus is very, VERY hard to sing.

You had some really nice spots in the verses. They sounded really great. Vibe and tone were amazing. I think you should on the chorus and try to bridge into head voice (like @cwcw implied).

If you spend some more time on this song you should be able to "own" it soon.

How about some easier italian songs? - Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlJwMFtMCs

Doc

• Options
    Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    edited May 2019
    Thanks @doc_ramadani for the kind words.

As I wrote above I was stupid not understanding that the chorus is pure head voice.
    I forced myself to use mixed voice I still don't know why.
    I just tried to sing it going right into my head voice and I felt it so easy.

Anyway I learnt a lot from this demo.

P.S.
    I love the song you posted
  • Options
    cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    @Claude77 no worries, mate. Don't give yourself a hard time about missing the head-voice section. We're all learning. :) As Doc said, a very difficult song to sing

I would love to hear you sing an Italian song! :)