Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Power

Hey i am Sam from Switzerland and i have a problem :). The problem is that i give to much power in my voice and my voting lips (hope this is the right word) are not closing right. No i do all the exercises and i will do it without giving to much power but no i don't now when i can give power and thats my question? How much power is to much or also to less?

Thx Sam

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    We have to avoid oversinging. One way that we do that is by using proper diaphragmatic support, which is essentially putting the brakes on too much air pressure. We train on scales and learn to get a consistency in the breath throughout the scales without oversinging. Ken teaches us the finer points on how to accomplish this in his course.

We would need to hear you singing some scales to hear and maybe see what you are doing to offer more suggestions.
  • GrimmarkGrimmark Member Posts: 3
    O sry for not ansering. Thank for your answer :). I did a new start on this year (2019) with singing and training 5-6 days a week, 2-3 hours per session with kens programm. I can now handle the break between chest and head very good but i don't really understand how to grow my chest up. is that only about time and patience? my voice is better and easier now but not higher
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Grimmark,

of which part form the Switzerland do you come. Du you speak german?

Doc
  • GrimmarkGrimmark Member Posts: 3
    Hi Doc,

From the german part :) near to Zürich
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hallo Grimmark,

ein herzliches Willkommen aus dem wilden Süden von Deutschland. Ich komme aus der Nähe von Ulm und war schon oft bei Euch netten Eidgenossen.

I hope you will stay with the course now. I would like to recommend to you that you visit these forums regularly and listen to other students' demos and comment on them. Then read carefully what other students comment. You will learn a lot from that, believe me. You will get very good on analyzing yourself. Get involved and squeeze out the most of this course.

Doc