Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello

Hi, my name is Paul. I’m 42. I’ve been singing all my life but I’ve never liked my voice. When I sing I hear myself as very low but when I listen back I’m much higher then I thought I was.

Comments

• Hi Paul! This is true for everyone. We hear ourselves as deeper than on recordings because as well as the sound we are putting out into the world, we are hearing lower frequencies via bone conduction. Anyone but us can't hear those because they are not inhabiting our bodies :) . But that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your voice, or that it's not likeable. You practice and train your voice, and your range will increase, in both directions. You will also get used to the way your voice sounds the more you record it and study it. That reaction of dislike does go away as you become more focused on analysing and improving, and you will reach a point where you can listen to your voice without negative judgements, and simply hear what you need to work on, and what you are doing well.
  • sagemacgsagemacg 2.0 PRO Posts: 240
    Welcome Paul, Sophia is right. It gets easier! I've noticed that I don't really judge my voice in the same way I used to - my ear is so busy noticing technical issues that the aesthetic issues take a back seat :) Stick with it!
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    edited July 2019
    Hi Paul @GaOutlaw77 I am 45 from Scotland are you planning join the course if so you will improve greatly with the regular training. Couldn’t agree more with the comments here, it’s all about improvements and the not liking with soon be forgotten.

George(Vocality)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hello Paul,

a warm Welcome also from Germany.

Doc