Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Foreigner- I Want To Know What Love Is --Cover.

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
@highmtn @doc_ramadani @HuduVudu @victortang @Vocality @Klaus_T @Sophia @Gaston_Jauregui @Furious_Phil @blondiewales @juanmarivley @Wigs @Michael4000 @LoneWolfRogue @iking @DevonMoore @cwcw @tinaalcorace @Ken Tamplin @Giraffy @Spyk @DogMeat @Moviefan2k4 @Claude77 @andrew_walker @Mysti @bentk @dvarovic

Ever since I heard this song, I've wanted to sing it. I've gotten close to the level I want to sing it in.
There's always vast room for improvement, so give me feedback.
Added some personal touches.
Enjoy !

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @diego yes really like Foriegner and also want to sing some of their tracks but my voice needs a little more work. Really good cover, this is a difficult song to do and the melody sounded quite accurate. The oh part at 49 sec not sure that might need a little work might be wrong though, lower parts of the song are much smoother sounding.

Nice job Diego enjoyed your version.

:)
    George
  • cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Really nice job, Diego! Good pitch, vibe, etc. as always.

My only critiques are very minor. As a very long-time Lou Gramm fan, it was weird to hear Lou Gramm meets Michael Jackson. :) I'm wondering if you could dial back the Michael voice/tone a bit?

Also, the first verse was good, but not as "polished" sounding as the second verse, etc. It almost sounded a little tentative in spots. Subtle, but noticeable to me.

That said, I'd take your voice any day! :)

Chris
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Bravo!
    I used to sing this... maybe I should revisit it :-)
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Strong chorus, good projection coming through. Agree with both @Vocality and @cwcw much better energy after 1st verse. Using a stronger mix voice for the beginning while still keeping the same emotion would make it seem whole. I missed listening to some of your previous posts but I'll say that I have noticed much improvement with your control, you seem to be alot more deliberate with your technical choices.👍🏼
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Diego,

wow, impressive demo. I agree to things said above and have some ideas that could help you to make it even better:

Some of the words pop out a little bit and I can hear your voice "crashing" into the notes. I would play with using a small "H" put in here and there:

0:46 ((H)oh-oh-oh-ohhhh
    1:26: (H)I don't know...
    1:44 (H)I want you to show ...
    1:46 (H(I wanna feel what love is...

And and some other spots it might be helpful not to use the "H", e.g.

1:17 sing "eartache" instead of "Heartache"

My 2 cents. Good job, man.

Doc

• Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    Professional singing man!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Great Job Diego! Good pitch. Would like to hear you cover it with only clean tone! Very good tone on the 'this lonely life' as well. The tone was a bit nasal now and then, was that intentional? It's not unpleasant at all, just wondering.

Also, it may be that some of the words 'popping' is due to the recording method. I am not sure. Smoothing things out like that will make the recording even more professional for sure.

Thanks again for sharing! It's going so well man, keep going.

All the best,

Ben
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Hi @Diego amazing job! You did great!
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    O wow that was really good, sounds like a super hard song to sing for sure, all the best!
  • scottredwingprojectscottredwingproject Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 19
    This is awesome, Diego!!! Keep up the great work!