Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Supp

KaizerKaizer 2.0 PRO Posts: 164
Hey guys, my name is Kaizer. I'm 26 years old and I'm from Long Island City, New York. I've been passionate about singing since I was just 3 years old. I used to listen to and watch Michael Jackson a lot and he had a major influence on me growing up. It's always been my dream to be a singer. I started teaching myself how to sing in about 2014 when I was like 20 years old and I've made a lot of progress since then. Singing has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I've been through many ups and downs but I'll never give up on my goals to sing amazingly; I hold that passion too dear to me.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I'm gonna try to be really active on these forums. My singing has improved a lot but one of the things that has been bugging me for such a long time now is the fact that I seem to lack consistency with my singing. That's really, really frustrating for me. I wanna be able to sing at least somewhat decently everyday, you know? I find that I often have to take some days off to let my voice rest, even when my vocal warmups and exercises are light and only consist of soft humming on each note. I can't seem to figure out how to overcome this hurdle, but there's gotta be a way to figure it out. I'll make another post about this though. Thanks again for listening guys. I'm grateful to be on these forums and I hope I can gain a lot from being here.

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Kalzer,

a warm Welcome to these forums from Germany.

Doc
  • KaizerKaizer 2.0 PRO Posts: 164
    Hey Doc. I appreciate that a lot. Really makes a difference. Thank you.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi Kaizer, great to have you here! are your warm-ups KTVA exercises? or something else? the fact you have to rest several days sound like a red flag to me.

will be great to read the post you are about to do.

you have definitely come to the right place if singing is your passion, and consistency is actually one of the great benefits you will gain from KTVA exercises.
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Hi Kaizer I've been training 10 weeks nearly and I'm loving it just working on starting adding songs back into my repertoire. The training has been a real positive challenge to me in a good way and I'm the same in that I want consistancy in my singing for it's own sake and would like to be singing long-term with no problems which is why I got the course. And I'd eventually like to sing literally anything and do it justice one day and have no male vocal range song off limits to me, and still maintain good vocal health but that's a long road. All the best wiht your training, peace
  • KaizerKaizer 2.0 PRO Posts: 164
    Hey Klaus. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it a lot. Yeah, I do KTVA exercises but also incorporate other stuff like hissing for 60 seconds+ for breath control and humming for 10-15 seconds very softly on each note that's in my vocal range which strangely has benefited and continues to benefit my voice a lot. Yeah I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I spoke to some coaches and experienced singers in the past and from I've been told a lot of my problems must have something to do with either breath control issues, poor diaphragm support and/or leaking too much air out when I sing and/or do vocal exercises, all of which I'm working on and am seeing improvement in doing so, but still not quite developing the consistency that I want. I've also been told I have to be consistent with vocal exercise training, doing it everyday which makes sense and I'm trying to do that more now since I've realized how important that is as well. Thanks again for your welcome and positivity. I'll be posting about this issue soon so stay on the lookout.

Hey sam, that's awesome. I hope you achieve what you set out to. Singing is amazing, it's like using magic with your voice lol or something. The vibrations of singing can have such an impact on people and I feel even an environment! Thanks for your positivity.