Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Jourdan from Arizona

Jourdan11Jourdan11 2.0 PRO Posts: 108
My name is Jourdan and I've been singing seriously for a little over a year now. Im so happy to have found Ken's videos on youtube which ultimately led me here! Yesterday was my first day watching and working through his program. I spent two hours practicing the breathing exercise's and the audio starter exercise!

Then later I took to my guitar and applied those exercises to my singing, and I can already see results. Im able to see where I make mistakes and why I make them. Im just blown away at how great of a teacher he his. Im very early into his lessons, so I am excited to see where this will take me!

Let me know your story if you are reading this!

Peace,
Jourdan

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @Jourdan11

Welcome to the forum, I am 45 from Scotland 11 months doing the course so far, prior to that been doing karaoke for about 12 year, also play the keyboard which has helped my timing. Wanted further devlop my singing technique decided to join the course it's been hard work but well worth the effort.

:) Vocality
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Jourdan11,

a very warm Welcome from Germany. Since you purchased the course you should get your forum status updated. Please find the instructions here.

You will love this program, believe me, please come here often.

Doc
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Hey Jourdan welcome to the forums :)
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Gday mate from Australia 🙂 I'm roughly a year into the course and loving what it's doing for my vocals. I'm no serious musician, only singing for fun and karaoke but it's always been a fear of mine that this course has finally helped me overcome! Definately get upgraded soon, there is heaps of info about how to get the most out of the course in the student area. Looking forward to hearing you👍🏼
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Hi Jourdan I'm Sam I'm from the UK, I've been singing for a while untrained and enjoyed it a lot, but I love the KTVA training which I've been doing for 2 months now learning the basics in Volume 1. Wish you the best with your training and peace!
  • Jourdan11Jourdan11 2.0 PRO Posts: 108
    edited September 2019
    @doc_ramadani Thank you so much! Is there any way I can get the emailed receipt sent back to me? I don't remember deleting it, but I must have. I can't find it anywhere.

@Vocality Thank you! Im glad to be here. It is very hard work, but it is well worth it! How many hours do you normally practice? Yeah, playing an instrument also gives you an understanding of scales, and definitely timing!

edited September 2019
    @wigs Im glad you are enjoying it! Im working on getting into the student forums right now! What volume are you on right now? I am on volume one, just getting into the main audio workout passed the starter workout. I feel it was quite a jump from one to the other, in a good way. I was very confident with myself before going into the main workout lol. I have trouble going through my second passaggio right now. My throat gets tense. Im getting better though! :)
    samw2019 said:

Hi Jourdan I'm Sam I'm from the UK, I've been singing for a while untrained and enjoyed it a lot, but I love the KTVA training which I've been doing for 2 months now learning the basics in Volume 1. Wish you the best with your training and peace!

@samw2019 Hi Sam! Thats very similar to myself. It feels good to have some sort of path, I was definitely not singing correctly before this course! How do you like the audio work outs? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses thus far?

My chest voice is getting pretty darn good, just have trouble going into and through the second passaggio. It also takes me about 30 minutes of warming up before i can hit all of the notes in the starter workout in my chest voice. Im trying to be a belter :p

What style of music do you like to sing?
    @Jourdan11

Currently on volume 2 practice 1 hour a day 6 days a week, then practice on a song for a bit and hoping to increase it 1.5 hours but just finding the time.

:) Vocality
    @Vocality Oh great to hear! Time seems to fly when I'm doing my practice. Have you posted some of your singing on the forums?
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Jourdan11,

I think that everything is fine now with your account. I can see that you are on "2.0 PRO". Very good choice.

Doc
  • cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Welcome from Ohio, Jourdan! :)

You might consider joining in the fortnightly singing "assignments" down in the Collaborative Demo's section of the forum (see Categories View). It is a very informal group giving KTVA students and opportunity to record a song and receive comments on their renditions. It is a friendly group providing honest feedback. It will also give you an opportunity to hear some other students.

Also, you can check out the VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold! section. Here students and non-students can post demos.

Chris
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    @samw2019 Hi Sam! Thats very similar to myself. It feels good to have some sort of path, I was definitely not singing correctly before this course! How do you like the audio work outs? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses thus far?

My chest voice is getting pretty darn good, just have trouble going into and through the second passaggio. It also takes me about 30 minutes of warming up before i can hit all of the notes in the starter workout in my chest voice. Im trying to be a belter

@Jourdan11 , Me neither it's a lot to do right untrained. I really enjoy the work-outs my weakness is trying to hard to do all the notes in scale rather than do the technique up top end (at least I think so) and like you connecting passasgio in the bridge. Singing head or chest is one thing but joining them together is a new thing for me.

Good to hear your chest is strong and I also want to do quite a bit of belting too. Before I started the course up to 3 months ago I liked old rock music, rock 'n' roll, grunge, psychedelic rock and soul music, (I stopped all my songs to train scales but I'm just now putting songs back into practice) what about you?
    @Jourdan11

My latest song is in the collaborative demos assignment 27 fire and rain. Having to work hard on the melodies beginning to happen.

Vocality :)
    @Vocality Awesome! I will go and check it out :)
    Vocality said:

@Jourdan11

My latest song is in the collaborative demos assignment 27 fire and rain. Having to work hard on the melodies beginning to happen.

Vocality :)

@samw2019 yeah Ken goes very quick on some of the scales, making the transition to head and back down to chest difficult, but I can see that I am gradually getting better. Being that this is my third practice in the volume one main workout. I think I need to spend some time and work on the sliders, to get the feel for a smooth transition, and then apply it to the scales.
    We have a similar taste in music! Ive been getting into country recently, but I love the power in grunge music. I enjoy writing my own songs, so that is why I am taking this course. Ive also been spending what used to be song writing time, on vocal work outs. I see a huge improvement! I would love to hear some of your progress over the months!
    samw2019 said:

My chest voice is getting pretty darn good, just have trouble going into and through the second passaggio. It also takes me about 30 minutes of warming up before i can hit all of the notes in the starter workout in my chest voice. Im trying to be a belter

@Jourdan11 , Me neither it's a lot to do right untrained. I really enjoy the work-outs my weakness is trying to hard to do all the notes in scale rather than do the technique up top end (at least I think so) and like you connecting passasgio in the bridge. Singing head or chest is one thing but joining them together is a new thing for me.

Good to hear your chest is strong and I also want to do quite a bit of belting too. Before I started the course up to 3 months ago I liked old rock music, rock 'n' roll, grunge, psychedelic rock and soul music, (I stopped all my songs to train scales but I'm just now putting songs back into practice) what about you?
    cwcw said:

Welcome from Ohio, Jourdan! :)

You might consider joining in the fortnightly singing "assignments" down in the Collaborative Demo's section of the forum (see Categories View). It is a very informal group giving KTVA students and opportunity to record a song and receive comments on their renditions. It is a friendly group providing honest feedback. It will also give you an opportunity to hear some other students.

Also, you can check out the VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold! section. Here students and non-students can post demos.

Chris

@cwcw Hi Chris! I wil be sure to make my way over there, and check out some students work! I would also like to post some of my progress as well! Thank you so much for the help, I am just getting accustomed to the forums! :smile:

Hi @Jourdan11,

I think that everything is fine now with your account. I can see that you are on "2.0 PRO". Very good choice.

Doc

Yeah, they got me taken care of! Thank you for all of your help Doc! :)