Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Pitch and exercises

When doing exercises, does it matter if I sometimes don't hit the right scale notes? Is it more important to get the mechanics of the exercise and worry about pitch later? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @angrybeaver,

we want to achieve both, proper technique and correct pitch. Do you own the course? If yes, you should get your forum status updated. Please find the instructions here.

Doc
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i agree with @doc_ramadani that you shoud try to nail both technique and pitch. but there is no way you will be able to do it from day one. it will be a process in which you grow. but you always TRY to get it right as good a you can. and you will later dismiss things which you thought were "right" techniques, and discover new ways, and so on.

you can always do ear training along with your singing training, it helped me a great deal (because you can better identify what you are actually singing). i recommend tonedear.com (and then start with the intervals)