Homeβ€Ί INTRODUCE YOURSELF

I'm new to KTVA wanted meet everyone!

DerrickS95DerrickS95 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 6
Hi my name is Derrick Schneider. I'm a singer manly do YouTube videos and performance. I've had years of vocal training manly in SLS. I've always had issues with my highmid rang notes right around G4 to tenor C without bridging early or sounding and feel to pushed in that area. I'm 23 now and I'm ready to give KTVA my all to help with belting and singing easier in that area similar to Myles Kennedy. I feel I may have lack of chest voice development. Here's a recent video of me singing an Adel song. What do you guys think? All though it may sound good I still feel fatigued after singing alot and want to also be able to scream sing easier like Chester Bennington. Hope to meet you all and hear from you all about your experience! Also should I still start Ken's program on volume 1 when I buy it? πŸ™‚

https://youtu.be/XRC6v6Ee2j4

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Greetings mate! Awesome cover, I reckon this course will bring you to the next level! I recommend you starting with volume 1, there are already things I can see from your demo that you will need to change but you will find out once you start. As soon as you have the course get registered to the student forums where we can give you detailed feed back.
    We also only discuss KTVA techniques here to avoid contradicting information being presented, so anything that comes from different courses is discouraged. Im sure you can understand.
    Its great to have you, your voice is amazing and you'll be even happier after a few months! :smile:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Derrick,

nice cover, mate. I like the passion you put into the performance.

Would be nice to have another Logic user here. :smile:

Agree to everything said by Chris (Wigs). It would be great to have among us. I came from zero and am now for 15 months on the course. I never thought that I (as a low baritone) would be able to hit a D5 in full chest like nothing. The program is amazing. The best investment I ever did in myself.

Doc (49 years old)
  • cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Welcome, Derrick! Fantastic cover! Can't wait to see how you do on the course.

Chris from Ohio USA, age 50.
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Hi Derrick, that was great well done.! I think you'll enjoy the course and your fatigue goals will be helped big time by it. I'm only a new-starter myself, and I've got a lot of things still to get down in volume 1. I've been training 15 weeks on KTVA and I don't get tired anymore singing all my favourite songs, which did used to drain me before I started.All the best and peace out
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    edited October 2019
    Hell yeah!
    The course will take to sky rocket levels!
    You have pretty good pitch man. There IS some pitch correction, but overall you seem to have good perception of pitch.

Decent mix in some parts as well.
    There is always stuff you can improve.

Excited to hear your progress.
    Good job
  • DerrickS95DerrickS95 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 6
    Diego said:

Hell yeah!
    The course will take to sky rocket levels!
    You have pretty good pitch man. There IS some pitch correction, but overall you seem to have good perception of pitch.

Decent mix in some parts as well.
    There is always stuff you can improve.

Excited to hear your progress.
    Good job

Thank you! Look forward to starting the program next week!! Are there audio voice lessons and scales as well to practice to? Or is it all video based. And yes I tend to get a little pitchy in my vocal break to head voice so I had to use some correction here and there but I want that to change so badly and have full control and confidence in my voice. Thanks for your input! πŸ™‚
    The course (each volume) comes with Ken's video instruction + Ken's guided audio workouts + audio workouts without Ken. Aside from that, there are also videos of him instructing students - very helpful.

Chris
  • DerrickS95DerrickS95 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 6
    Awesome! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Also since I'm a more experiencend singer should I stay on volume 1 for long? If so how long is enough time to break bad habits and build my chest voice properly ?
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-the-ktva-student-areas-of-the-forums#latest

Use the link above to get your student access, from there you can post scales in the student area and we can let you know of any issues that might need working out. Generally though be prepared to spend around a few months on the 1st volume.
    As for breaking bad habits, it depends how bad and how habitual they are. I'm carrying 40+ years of bad singing habits (improper technique), and at 50 years of age it's taking me a bit to eliminate them. I'd expect you to fair a little more quickly at removing the habits.

Also, don't underestimate the value of Volume 1 or any volumes for that matter. On the one hand the course seems very simple and straight-forward, but there are a lot of little nuances that only come to light through time. It's akin to..."I hear the words and think I understand the concept, only to find out sometime later that I didn't understand the concept as well as I thought I did."

As others have said, the course is really a lifetime of learning. Enjoy! :)

Chris
  • SinaSina 2.0 PRO Posts: 67
    edited October 2019
    @DerrickS95... first let me say..you are great. As for bad habits you should get rid of so-called "goat" vibrato...that is one of the topics in Volume 2. Welcome! :)