Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Original Song Demo - Boy and Girl

GaryDrummGaryDrumm 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
This is another live performance of the other band I sing in, Prime of Life. This is a song called Boy and Girl. We're going into the studio with this one in December. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Yes, there are a couple of musical flubs in the performance. That's happens when one of the guitarist start enjoying himself a little too much 3 hours before the show. :D

(OK, last "demo" for a while)

https://youtu.be/jqCXQ4m_7XU

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Gary,

pretty good vocal performance. I wished the band was a little bit tighter and on the beat. My opinion!

Doc
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Ok, so it was hard to hear the words but that's never surprising in these situations. However the melody and rythym and feel of the song I can easily hear on the radio, nice one 🙂
  • GaryDrummGaryDrumm 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    @doc_ramadani I agree with the band being a little off in parts. One of our guitarist was pretty drunk I think and so he kept missing key parts or playing the wrong note all together.

On the vocals “pretty good”... what do you think it would take to make it excellent? We’re planning to go to the studio in December and I’m looking for feedback.

@Wigs - thank you. That’s not even the best song we have. ;)
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    GaryDrumm said:

what do you think it would take to make it excellent? We’re planning to go to the studio in December and I’m looking for feedback.

I would love if you guys did some backing harmonies in the chorus to fill in some blanks, it would add a lot to it.
    Kind of like what your guitarist is doing at 1:05, 1:11 etc.

I would add a little high note at the climax, since I know you can do Journey.

Sounds pretty good. Can't wait to hear the studio version.
    @Diego

I agree on the backing vocals. I have harmonies worked out for the studio version. The problem is the other guys have some challenges with harmonies. Maybe I can use what I learn here to help them, or maybe convince them to buy the course. ;)
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @GaryDrumm Nice. I knew you had some intention of doing that.
    If you need help with harmonies, I can definitely help you in some way. I really enjoy harmonies.
    The other guitarist, the one who’s not singing here, is actually a pretty good singer, he just has a really low volume.