Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Is my voice gone forever? What do i do!!

Ive been diagnosed with Acid Reflux and Post Nasal Drip, i havent been able to sing for 5 months now because of my chronic laryingitis. I am going to voice therapy but nothing is seeming to help. Forgot to mention im also under reflux medication and nasal medication for post nasal drip. What do i do?!? im honestly so sick of this, i cant even speak either. It hurts alot to speak.

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Kingrock23,

my name is Marco, I am 49 years old and I am a Medical Doctor. I started the course 15 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Acid Reflux and Post Nasal Drip. Chronic laryngitis is a common comorbidity with Acid Reflux. To regain your voice it is crucial that the Acid Reflux is treated sufficiently. I guess that you underwent a gastroscopy and that anatomical reasons for the reflux (e.g. diaphragmatic hernia = hiatus hernia) can be excluded.

Take your medication for the Acid Reflux, reduce your weight if you are overweight, adapt your diet. Maybe you want to consult an allergist to find out if you have any food allergies. Do NOT sing with laryngitis and try to avoid speaking until the laryngitis calms down. Sometimes sprays of chamomile can calm down the pharyngitis that of comes with laryngitis.

Doc
  • ScreamingBanchieScreamingBanchie 2.0 PRO Posts: 22
    hi did you get it figured out? I kinda have something similar going on.