Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

Things to really take note of that im learning in this course !

Dio777Dio777 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
First when doing volume one if you have a problem following ken through the exersises it helps to use an instrument after you practice with ken to follow the exersise . So if you have a guitar or keyboard or anything just do a litte slower while your playing notes and singing scales but really pay attention to how you sound as you can get lost in the practice and not get 100 percent out . Second if you turn your volume up to high you will find yourself straining to reach notes and most likely horse and have to take a day or two off to recover . Dont worry if you cant get exersises right away , that is why youll be one each volume for extented amounts of time( 5-6 months) because your learning how to find those notes . Third , and i feel this is so important , always spend a little of your time after practice singing a part of a song , try to change up all the time so you get different feels . You dont have to sing a song all the way through. Just maybe half and then the next night do another part of another song . It really helps . Ok and last and very very important. Dont just focus on technique !! For the love of God put your heart and soul in there because if you dont it will sound horrific !! Pick songs that really tie you emotionally and think of someone or somthing that you can relate to the song and it will have magic on it even if you dont hit all the notes !!!! Ok i hope this can help some people . Im on Volume 2 and making serious progress in range, tone and strength . If i feel my vocal is tired from practiceing too much ill just do volume 1 in between than go back to 2 the next day . Dion Cozamanis

Comments

• Options
    RoddyBRoddyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 21
    Id agree with most of that.

And one thing ive learnt since being here is stamina can and should be trained. Just like going to the gym to pump weights. So strength and stamina all come from time and practice. But dont blow your voice out by going too hard. Do it gently at your own pace.

Also with the scales...especially going through pasagios, or any part that feels like a struggle. STOP THE VIDEO/AUDIO, and go over that part. 10-20 times or more. Ive spent 30 min ( almost a full practice) going over 1 single 2 minuite scale pattern. Learning how it feels and trying to train that muscle memory.

👍

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Dio777,

Since you purchased the course you should get your forum status updated. Please find the instructions here..

Doc