Home Psychology of Singing

Lost my voice due to psycological problems

WalterMeloWalterMelo Member, 2.0 PRO, STREAMING PRO Posts: 77
hello guys, sorry about that posting but i was doing the course and was getting absolutely insane good results i was very very happy, i was already scratching my dream songs and i really felt my dreams where fulfilled, where accomplished . everything was fine until "[put many things very hard to emotionally overcome here]" happened and my voice feel very very very weak, my breath very short and i have lost all the pleasure on singing for almost 6 months and i'm right now trying to turn the table. things are going very nice now i'm getting optimistic about life now but i lost my overall stamina and my health, anything i sing is very hard my throat closes automatically, my falseto died, everything what i still have is a very airy chest voice .. what can i do to recover my voice? LAH vowel is not opening my throat, i really want to send audios for the forum again but really , my voice is very awful and i don't recognize it anymore :neutral:

Comments

• maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    Hi @WalterMelo
    Good that you posted!
    I feel sorry for you. It should be possible to get back where you were with your voice. Be patience and build it up again, from the beginning, starters ex. Please send audio files, we are here to help you not to judge.
    Good Luck. Maxim
  • @WalterMelo I'm so sorry for what you've been through. If you're able to, please speak to a doctor about the effects of it on your body, as there may be specific things that you could do that will help you regain your stamina and health. I'm glad that you are feeling more optimistic and I wish you all the best.

Please do not worry about what anyone will think of how your voice sounds. Alongside the recommendations from your doctor, consider temporarily going back to the beginning of the course and monitoring how you are doing at each of the core checkpoints: Are you able to maintain a correct posture? Can you relax your chest, neck, and throat? Find the first point where things aren't working, and focus on that before moving on. The LAH comes later. Be gentle with yourself as you recover.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    HI @WalterMelo,

I am very sorry to hear that life has given you such difficult tasks. I hope you feel better soon.

One tip Ken told me is to do the entire Volume 1 exercises on the Lip Burbles. This makes the voice very agile again, sheds a lot of weight and reopens the throat again. Maybe you want to try this.

Doc
  • WalterMeloWalterMelo Member, 2.0 PRO, STREAMING PRO Posts: 77
    hello everyone! thank you very much for all the support :smiley:

@doc_ramadani , allright thank you very much for the suggestion, i am going to do this right now alongside with breath exercises. this is being very hard, looks like i lost 2 years of voice in half a year, if it is really psycological i guess sharing it here on the community needs to be my first step to recovery

thank you very much :blush:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Walter,

feel free to tell us about whenever you like. But I would recommend to do it in an internal students' category of the Forums.

Doc