Home Off Topic

Had To Leave A Band

GaryDrummGaryDrumm 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
It's a sad thing but when you're working with other people, sometimes things just don't work out. This week I had to leave my Journey tribute band due to a severe falling out with the guitarist. I'm honestly kind of bummed about it because I really enjoyed the music we made together and I loved signing Journey songs. But sometimes there are people who just are not worth your time and energy.

Of course I posted my availability on a Facebook group for musicians in my area and I've already had two people connect with me about possible projects. So we'll see where it goes from here.

Unfortunately, we already had two shows booked for December and, in the interest of being professional about things, I agreed to stay on for those final two shows.

I guess sometimes you've just got to do what is right and what your gut tells you, despite the feelings of wanting to be a part of something that could have been really great. Anyway, I guess I needed to make a sort of public proclamation that I am no longer in the Journey tribute band.

Comments

• DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    It's a tough call, but surely a right one. You are a great singer, so keep your head up and you'll do great things in the future.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Gary, @GaryDrumm

if it is the band in which the guitar player drank too much alcohol be happy to quit. Making music with people getting drunk or stoned during rehearsals or gigs will never bring you ahead.

Doc
  • GaryDrummGaryDrumm 2.0 PRO Posts: 45

Hi Gary, @GaryDrumm

if it is the band in which the guitar player drank too much alcohol be happy to quit. Making music with people getting drunk or stoned during rehearsals or gigs will never bring you ahead.

Doc

LOL. No. It wasn't that one. That one is actually going pretty well. It was the one where the guitarist was in love wit the sound of his own guitar.

I don't know what the falling out was about, but from the little I've heard, you're a better musician than the rest of the band.

From a music standpoint, you're just moving on to bigger horizons.

I appreciate that. Yeah, I was bummed because I really loved what we were doing. But the guitarist and I just could not come to terms of some things and his reaction to the difference of opinion was just... shocking.
    DogMeat said:

It's a tough call, but surely a right one. You are a great singer, so keep your head up and you'll do great things in the future.

Thank you. I appreciate that.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Good on you for being the bigger person and at least sticking with your obligations for the next couple shows before moving on!