Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello from the dark side ;)

Hi,
my name is Tobias and i live in the largest wine region of Germany. I just purchased the course and i am very excited how my voice will change in the future.

Since 4 years i'm part of a sort of black metal band and 2 years ago i started to take classical singing lessons. I always liked to sing but i always thought i couldn't sing, so it took some overcoming to make the call. I made rapid progress and have since mutated into a real vocal nerd.
I want to learn as much as possible and i have learned quite a few techniques in that short period of time. Now i want to learn to sing in a more pop/rock style :smile:

Here is some of my stuff, but be careful the first link leads to growls and fry screams ^^

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VDknkPqscvBoe7jahjHkQABA9sBquIUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4s1puTxPGQ

I might upload some recordings in the future, but i am very shy when people ask me to sing something "normal" :s

Cheers,
Tobi

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Welcome to KTVA, Tobias!

Bob
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I like a lot of stuff from the dark side :smile: When I have a chance I will listen to your recordings.
  • heidianitaheidianita 2.0 PRO Posts: 144
    Welcome 🙂
    Are you the one growling and screaming? I would like to hear another clip where I can hear it better 😁 it was a bit covered by the music. (Im a metal-geek my self )
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    Hi @Tobi_93 ! Welcome to the forum and course!
    I like your both classic and fry screaming sides and even more your enthusiasm to continue learning in this great singing path!
    Enjoy it!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I listened to both, those screams are gnarly! From your classical demo I can tell this course will help you a lot and in turn I think your screams will get safer for you.

Welcome to the course mate :smile:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Tobias, @Tobi_93

ein herzliches Willkommen von einem Landsmann aus der Nähe von Ulm.

Nice demos, mate. You will be blown away by the course. It will help to grow your voice massively. Come here often. We have a nice community here.

Doc (Marco, 49 yo, started sing 16.5 months ago)
  • Tobi_93Tobi_93 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Thanks for the warm welcome :)
    Since i won't be able to work for 8-10 weeks, i have a lot of time to practise :D

@heidianita Yes, i am the one growling and screaming. There is a demo of my band on YouTube but the vocals are way better since i have started to take singing lessons.
    If you want to take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di3E6XQkns8

@guzman Thanks man! :) It's my personal goal to master as many different singing styles as possible. I recently learned mongolian throat singing ^^

@Wigs Thanks, i'm really excited. The good thing is that i already feel very comfortable with my screams even after a whole concerts. No Pain or the smallest sign of hoarseness :)