Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings! Been a student for several few months but first post

Hi everyone,

My name is Steve, and I am in sunny Arizona. I have been singing in bands for years, both as lead and background singer. Over the years and just through sheer repetition, (I think) I have gotten better but have definitely reached a plateau. I can honestly say that I have never previously worked on technique and that the time I have spent working on Ken's lessons feels like it is already making a difference (although less certain that you can hear the difference yet).

There are a lot of areas for improvement and I will put them under the various discussion topics over time. My main issues are working on supporting my breath, transitioning to head voice, and improving the quality of head voice so it is identical to my chest voice. I have a decent range but the upper register is not fully functional (related to previous head voice comments). My vibrato is modest and needs work - it feels like a golf swing that has always been adequate but not ideal. I now have to unlearn it and recreate with proper form!

Anyway, hello again and I am excited to be here and hope to learn a lot from all of you!!

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hi Steve, my name is Chris from Australia down under. Its good you've joined the forum before heading too far into the course, there is so much info in here that helps you understand the material. Im sure before too long if you keep up the practice you will definitely hear the difference :smile:
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    Hi @St3v3n ! I welcome you from Uruguay! It is great that you have joined the forum and course!
    Go ahead, practice frequently (it would be great daily, if not, as often as possible), and that will help you improve your voice in a good way by following the course.
    Enjoy it!
  • St3v3nSt3v3n 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Thanks for the welcome and support! Looking forward to the ride!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Steve, @St3v3n

a warm Welcome also from Germany. It would be great to see you here often. These Forums are a great learning environment. Use them - the search box in the upper right is an "Open Sesame". :smile:

Doc