Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

I dont crack in dopey voice

im wondering if im practising good, because i feel like im singing not really softly (like ken said in one of his videos on youtube), but feels like im just singing in dopey voice or something. like when i add volume to the sound it sounds so dopey...
i really dont know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @joffy666,

I would like to help you but I am not a native speaker. I don't really understand what you mean by dopey voice. I think it would be best if you could post a demo (video preferred) so that we all know what you mean.

Doc
  • Options
    joffy666joffy666 Member Posts: 17

Hi @joffy666,

I would like to help you but I am not a native speaker. I don't really understand what you mean by dopey voice. I think it would be best if you could post a demo (video preferred) so that we all know what you mean.

Doc

I can't say much without hearing you, but this may be interesting:

When any classical singer talks about singing the notes through the passaggio, they talk about "covering" the voice to avoid cracking and feeling "strangulation." This could be why you don't crack, but of course it can be overdone. In KTVA terms, you may be modifying to "aw" too early.

i found the name for it what ken uses. its a froggy voice?
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @joffy666,

its a froggy voice?

Probably - we need to hear it.

Doc