Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Nearly 1 Year on the KTVA Course

Hi everyone! I'm Rick and I've almost been here for a year. Time sure flies because it sure didn't feel that long. Like many others, I'm posting a video to celebrate this special occasion. Instead of doing a single cover, I did something slightly more special to make up for the fact that I'm still a novice singer. I do hope you enjoy it because I had fun making it.

The video starts with segments of covers I've made before I started the course. There was a lot going wrong with those including the mic so it wasn't that hard to do better. Then, I included my first Lah triad demo and my first assignment in the Collaborative Demos section. Afterwards, I included short bits of 6 songs I'm working on and an entire cover of a song I showed near the start of the video. I know there's work to be done but I don't think I should be afraid of showing my journey thus far. Do I have a long journey to go? For certain! However, I won't get through if I'm unwilling to accept my mistakes and learn from them.

I've never had vocal lessons before coming to KTVA and this course has been the only serious thing I've had related to more serious singing. I practice at least an hour of the exercises in the course daily. Then, I stream myself singing on Twitch daily to apply what I learn. Overall, it has been a fun journey and I've learned a lot. I also appreciate the many people who helped me by providing support, encouragement and advice on my journey.

Below is what I have so far. Maybe a year in the future, you'll hear some more noticeable improvements! Hope you enjoy! :smile:

https://youtu.be/lxh07ig4Yn8

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Rick, @Rick_amateur,

this summary about your first year at KTVA put a VERY BIG SMILE on my face. Since I nearly know you from Day 1 of your singing journey I can tell you that you progressed very, very well. For good reason. You have never hesitated to put the necessary work into the project.

Man, think of your voice after doing another year.

And, wow, that G#5 in head voice (Dream on). :+1:

Kudos, mate.

Doc
  • Rick_amateurRick_amateur 2.0 PRO Posts: 708
    Hi @doc_ramadani ,

We definitely met on my first post here on the forums with you giving me a very warm welcome at the time. It has been an interesting journey for sure and it was great meeting you and everyone else along the way. We'll see what progress I'll make in another year but that seems distant for sure. Thanks for listening and maybe next time I can make a cleaner G#5. :smile:

Rick
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hi Rick🙂 I'm glad you chose to include God's country in this mash up, it shows how far you have come understanding breath control and pacing your self. I think of you as one of the harder working and dedicated members here. There are many subtle things like how you pronounce your vowels and how you control your pitch going from high to low that have improved alot!

I have another song I listened to the other day that made me think of you, I will let you know by PM what it is, maybe you can use it for anniversary 2?

Well done mate!
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Awesome! Congrats on sticking with it a year! Your voice has grown so much!
  • Rick_amateurRick_amateur 2.0 PRO Posts: 708
    Hi @Wigs Thanks for suggesting God's Country because it's a really fun song to sing. I appreciate the kind words but I'm sure there are many others are as, if not more, hardworking than me. I personally think my improvement is massive because I was just so awful before. I will keep working to reach newer heights though. I also appreciate the feedback you've given me for all the assignments as they helped me tremendously. I look forward to what song you have in mind and that 2nd anniversary is a long way away. Thanks for listening!

@Chris82 Thanks! This course and community has been amazing and a year is actually a fairly long time. I hope to keep sticking with it for many years to come! :smile: