Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Chrissy from Australia - help!! 😄

Hi gang! I'm a newbie to the course and forum.

I have been playing guitar since age 8, and started singing lessons at 21. I was in bands for 20 years till about 10 years ago. I loved singing, and miss it. So decided I want to get back into it, and be an awesome singer this time! 😄 So luckily I discovered Ken Tamplin! 😀

A few months ago, I was offered to front a Heart tribute band. ❤ I was so excited, I started practising like mad, but started getting a sore throat. Not sore like when you have a cold, but the whole pharynx-larynx area hurts. When I sing, the pain gets worse, and I feel swollen on the inside of my throat (feels like someone pressing on my trachea ...like being strangled). I tried resting and didn't sing for 2 weeks, but as soon as I started singing again, it came back. I've been working through Vol.1, but I can't do much practise before the pain and swelling feeling returns. I suspect it's my technique. I'm stressing now, as my try-out with the band will be coming up in about a month, so I can't afford to not practise and build my voice! 😦

Also, how do I Search the forum? I can't find the Search option. 😎 I'm operating from a phone, does that make a difference?

Cheers everyone!
Chrissy

Best Answer

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Answer ✓
    The square with 3 straight bars in it in the top right corner will give you another menu where you find the search. Check out the volume 1 area and find the scales other students have up loaded and compare yourself to the feed back. When you are ready post your own scales in the student area and we can help point you in the right direction for your try out 🙂

Answers