Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How Vocalists Should Find Theire Voice Like Dimash?

Hello Everyone. Let's Talk About Dimash's Vocal Range And How To Improve Our Voice Like Him?

Answers

• Mark_AzziMark_Azzi 2.0 PRO Posts: 40
    September of 2018 was when I started to obsess over Dimash's range. I obsessed over it for nearly a year. Getting the range is relatively easy is you work at it. The problem is that you'll lack control and power. I wouldn't worry about getting a range that's as crazy as his. I'd focus on getting a range that allows you to sing the songs that you like to sing, and developing your voice in that range. For example, Ken warms up to a C6 everyday. I think the reason why he doesn't regularly stretch higher is that he doesn't need to. The fact is, there are very few songs that require you to go higher than C6. If the music you sing (and perform) doesn't require Dimash level high notes, don't worry about not being able to reach them.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Farhad_Alto,

I totally agree with the things our mate Mark ( @Mark_Azzi ) said. And ... there is always someone who is better.

Doc
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't like Dimash as an artist. Sure, he has an ungodly range and agility and all of that but his music kind of sucks. To me his appeal is "Wow, how the hell did he do that?" not "Wow, I really connected with the song he was singing". I don't want to impress people with vocal ability, I want people to connect with the songs I sing.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @Farhad_Alto You have to understand how much Dimash has trained to get there.
    He has been clasically trained ever since he was 5 and he has never stopped once.
    I don't have Dimash's range at all. I can do something in the 6th octave, I can touch the 7th but I don't consider it melodic so I don't use it at all.

Like it's been said before, it's not about the range but what you can do with that range. Dimash does an amazing job at it. I partially agree with @Chris82 since Dimash isn't known for soulful singing, but for extreme vocal agility. But he HAS done some songs I consider emotional like SOS d'un terrien en destresse, I think he has it in him to some degree; he has great musicianship

If you want an actual answer to your question. It is much easier to get to Dimash's range if you start training high notes before puberty it's much easier to grow them after.

But the only way to get better is to just do it. Sing, practice, practice, and more singing!
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    @Farhad_Alto , he will have trained a lot, as the others said. It's cool to have high standards. take it as motivation to get as far as possible. if you didn't start at age 5, you can't turn the clock back, but you can take up daily singing right now . you will never sound exactly like him, but you will sound impressive if you put in the work. it might take some time. are you doing regular exercise?