Home The Singer's Lobby

Helping a granddaughter

I was over at my daughters house and my 8 year old granddaughter started to sing. She sounded nasally and I found myself telling her to open her throat. We practiced some scales together for a while. When she sang high she was splatting! I then told her how to modify the vowel. I did realize how much I'd internalized KTVA until I spent some time with my granddaughter. It was a revelation to me of the impact Ken has had on me and many others. Thanks

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Bassadelic,

great story. For me, I can tell you the same. KTVA has become a big part of my musical life and understanding.

Doc
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    That's really cool to hear🙂 how has your own singing been going with your band? I'm sure you have reached some milestones by now.
  • BassadelicBassadelic 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Thanks for asking. I'm in a trio (bass, drums & guitar). I play bass and trade off lead singing duties with the guitar player. We back each other up on the songs we don't sing lead on. I've been doing the pro course for about 4 months and have seen a remarkable improvement in my voice. We played a gig last Saturday and I was shocked at my voice. I was singing better than ever. I felt a freedom in my voice I hadn't had before KTVA. I'm still working on volume 1, but starting to watch some of the volume 2 videos. I still have so much more to learn.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! Really happy for you that you feel the difference, rock on mate 🤘🏼