Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Head voice

Hello everyone I'm new to the KTVA forum and I have a concern now before getting the course in one of ken tamplins videos 5 reasons why SLS doesn't work he said bridging to early can damage chest voice now my head voice can actually get down to a C3 and my chest can get to a G4 is this normal and can I bring my chest voice up so I can belt?

Comments

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Are you a male or female singer? C3 seems awfully low for head voice, and yes you will be able to stretch your chest voice well above G4 whether you are male or female:)
  • samuel88samuel88 Pro Posts: 53
    Male and I have another question if to would be so kind after the workouts and singing after should my voice me sore and maybe not be able to hit a note I could before like the A4 or am I over singing?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Samuel,

When people first start the course, their muscles are not used to the amount of exercise involved in Ken's workouts.  You are probably taking your voice to places it has not gone in the past.

Take it easy in the beginning.  You have the rest of your singing life to get your voice into shape.

If it's a "good" soreness like after a good, healthy physical workout, that's OK, but don't take this to the point of pain whatsoever.  You will gradually build up a very strong voice that will stand up to these workouts without fatigue and without hoarseness.

Coming from an SLS background, you will be learning to delay transitioning through your passagio to higher and higher locations, building your upper midrange voice.  This will take time and effort, but will sound absolutely awesome compared to lower bridging.  You can always elect to bridge lower for effect, but learning to bridge higher takes a lot of training and skill by comparison.  It's well worth the effort.

And, by the way, welcome to the forum, and welcome to KTVA!

You have chosen wisely!

Bob