Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Not tone deaf

Hey,
i had my another class yesterday and one thing is clear I CAN HEAR TONES but right now m not that good at relative pitch because m really new at this and i have no knowledge of piano or any other instrument to pick all this things just like that,
but my vocal voach is totally convencing me it is tone deaf but she is still not giving me any solution. She just keep saying find someone who can tell if you are on note or not at your home if i had someone like that at home why would i go to her.

Now m confused should i learn piano and stop singing cuz @tonesavy quiz is quite complicated

Please give me some help to clear my confusion HOW DO I SING WHAT I HEAR

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    don't let her discourage you. ear training isn't that quick. record yourself and post it here so we can tell you more.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Hmmmmm, bad vocal coach I’d consider looking in to some one a little more helpful and encouraging. Yours is the second post I’ve seen like this. I don’t get why a vocal coach would feed you such negativity. They can help you with the basics of learning relative pitch. Don’t let that person get you down and consider finding someone a little more helpful and positive
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    When you say you can hear tones, do you hear when someone is singing off pitch or in the wrong key?
  • priyapriya Member Posts: 7
    @Wigs No one is learning music in company so all other are proper singers but yes when i do my vocal exercises and sing do re mi i realise when m not reaching that pitch or when m too high
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    That a good start if you can identify your self when you are not on the right note. If you are just starting out, then it could just be a matter of practicing. Sing single notes using sing scope as @HuduVudu suggested to find the pitch. If you do this every day then you soon will feel the note as well as hear it. Then it's a matter of supporting well, using correct support will also help control your pitch.
  • priyapriya Member Posts: 7
    @Wigs my next class is on friday and my teacher said she will take to another teacher to get their opinion so i will work hard to performe better than last class
    Thank you