Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Smoke on the water - Collaborative cover

Hi all!
Here I brought my new cover. This time is a special occasion, since it is my first collaborative video, and in this case, one of my friends joined in the guitar and I am in the vocals.
For this, we chose "Smoke on the water" by Deep Purple, a rock icon song with that riff that transcended generations.
I hope you like it. All your comments, opinions and suggestions will be welcome as always!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk4IcTgSdVk

Thanks for watching!

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Guzman,

I was already informed by Youtube that you have a new video. Good work, man. I like the proper technique you use. Good work on the pronunciation - too.

Doc
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Very cool. Awesome tone on that lp standard with the stock humbuckers for the solo
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    Hi, thank you mates! It´s good to know that my pronunciation has improved in this video, I spent an additional time trying to find out the details in each part and I did the best I could.
    Thanks to both of you!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You're an inspiration for me mate! Being a video guy I love the extra effort by cutting together your different parts and your buddy playing guitar and vocals were excellent 😎

If you are really trying to sing with out a noticeable accent ( it was slightly noticeable but wasn't distracting) have you tried listening to the original song and having a print out of the lyrics, then rewriting the words as vowels and their substitutions as the lyrics as you hear them? Then when you sing the song you know exactly what vowel you sing and not worry about pronouncing the word. Just a thought.

Great job both of you 🤘🏼
  • bonvie56bonvie56 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 55
    @guzman
    Very nice job! Thanks for the nice trip down memory lane...At the age of 16, this song became an instant favorite of mine!
    I wouldn't worry too much about your accent because it is an important and interesting part of who you are.
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    @Wigs What beautiful words you wrote! I really appreciate it. I will take your suggestion, mostly for the words that don't sound intuitive for me, it will surely help me!

@bonvie56 I'm glad to hear that this video brought you those memories! The same happened to me a few weeks ago when I uploaded a cover of the song of the movie "School of rock", it was like a journey thru my memories.
    About the pronunciation, it is not so much to lose my accent, but to avoid pronouncing the words incorrectly and that whoever sees the video suffers it haha. And sometimes, it is a bit difficult for me to realize if the pronunciation is really wrong or just a little accent. However, you brought an excellent point here about the pronunciation, and I will keep your words in mind especially not to worry too much.

Thank you both for commenting and for your suggestions!
  • Edukator99Edukator99 2.0 PRO Posts: 57
    Wow! You absolutely killed that. I know it's good when I don't think about technique at all even though I want to. I just started KTVA but that looked natural, effortless, sounded great and rocked. Nice!