Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Can I become better after trying to sing for 7 years?

I've been taking vocal lessons for 7 years. I can even tell you how many vocal coaches I had. I even have a degree and still I am not good.. My dream is to be a professional singer and make a living. I am about to give up in my dreams to be honest. I don't even know if I will get better. According to what I seen of KTVA he is willing to help, but he shows the videos of the best students who already were professional singers.. Will I sing like them? if I buy the course and I self teach myself, what is the difference in just watching the videos then? In theory you need someone to see if you are practicing the right way.. So I am confused..

Answers

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    You need timing and pitch first. Then you can sing.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    In the pro bundle, you get to see some of those pro singers having trouble with the basics and other less advanced students take private lessons. Those students you see on YouTube have been relentlessly at it for years with Ken. The course isn't a quick fix, but it gives you the tools you need to self improve and the student area of the forum is where you interact with others taking the course and offering advice. I'm doing things now I personally never dreamed of over a year ago.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    you can get feedback from this forum so you are not alone. of course, private lessons with Ken would be the fastest way to become like one of those singers, but they will do a lot of scale practice every day by themselves. maybe talent is also a factor so there is no guarantee you will become one of "those", but you will certainly improve. the more effort you put in, the better. you need to be willing to do 1 hour (at least) of workout, 5-6 times a week. you would improve at anything if you would practice it that much so why would singing be an exception :) of course you need to train as focused as possible for best results. if you can afford it, before you give up your dreams, I would really recommend you make that investment, it is worth it (I am not a great singer after 1 year, but I have certainly improved)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    _alessa_ said:

if I buy the course and I self teach myself, what is the difference in just watching the videos then? In theory you need someone to see if you are practicing the right way..

Hi @_alessa_,

The course isn't simply videos of people singing. It is Ken explaining and clearly demonstrating, step by step, all the techniques for healthy singing, in the correct order, starting from the most basic fundamentals that you must get correct, all the way to advanced techniques. The course is designed so that you don't need in-person lessons from anyone, not even from Ken. However, as a student, you will have access to the student sections of this forum, where you can post for feedback and ask questions to check your understanding of the material.