Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Is it okay for voice to sound different throughout album?

Can anyone tell me if this is okay. I am working on an album, and there are some songs wherein my voice sounds totally different than the other demos I have so far. Professional or fanatical opinions?

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    It's a bit tricky to answer, I think alot of it will have to do with a listeners personal preference. If your voice still sounds natural while sounding different (unless you're doing a weird Al kind of thing or something funny with characters) like you are using different textures of your voice I don't see a problem. I'm not a musician though and only sing for fun. Can you give us a quick demo or point out some well known artists that have albums with the same concept?
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    To my opinion it is very interesting if a singer can present different styles and tones.
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    I appreciate the feedback, I'm no phenomenal singer by far but if you wanna give this a listen and let me know what you think about the two style, if they would work together on an album, or if they're too far separated. I splice them back to back for comparison and uploaded it here
  • MikeyParentMikeyParent 2.0 PRO Posts: 42
    edited January 2020

To my opinion it is very interesting if a singer can present different styles and tones.

This

Also the two styles you posted aren't vastly different - it sounds like the same singer to my ears.

EDIT: I like your voice btw, Tracks sound good.
  • heidianitaheidianita 2.0 PRO Posts: 144
    I don't think it's a problem to have these two songs on the same album. To me it sounds like differences in the mix, and that it's supposed to be like that.

Like your voice 👌