Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Post nasal drip

Hello everyone my first time in here. I suffer from a post nasal drip which creates a lot of issues with my vocal chords, i can sing but at times this stopa me from getting the correct pitch or timbre that i need also makes my voice sound croaky. Ive been following Kens videos etc and have found a big difference, and watches his video on mucus! Just wanted to know if anyone else suffers from it if so how did you overcome/limit it when singing.

Cheers all 😁

Comments

• ItsUsmanAliItsUsmanAli 2.0 PRO Posts: 23
    i suffer from sinusitis , but this never stopped me from learning the music ..... just keep this up (But in the right way ) and use proper medication to burn the extra mucus ...
    hope this helps
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    I have had laryngitis for most of my adult life. It makes singing incredibly difficult. I used to use alcohol to sooth my voice, but that is a bandaid and doesn't work. I didn't know I had laryngitis until my ENT diagnosed it. The reason I say that I have had it for so long is because it is caused by allergies. It was so bad the that many of the symptoms normally associated with allergies have long ago changed into something uglier as my body adapted.

I am doing allergy shots and things are getting much better for me, but the soreness in my throat still persists. I have only recently gotten to maintenance for the shots, so I am going to need more time. By next year I hope things will be healed up.

The one thing that I noticed was the loss off my upper range. When I get a good day and my throat isn't ridiculously sore I can easily reach the top of my range (A4) otherwise ... Yikes. Allergies suck and they get in the way. If they aren't bad then there are easy solutions to deal with them, if they are bad though ... whelp that takes a more in depth approach.
  • Carruthg1973Carruthg1973 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks both will keep on with the practice and try some different types of nasal sprays etc
  • TimburTimbur 2.0 PRO Posts: 52
    You can also try a netti pot to clear up your sinus issues. I have suffered from sinusitis for my entire life. until I started using it I was always congested. Just make sure that you heat up the water to a rolling boil every time you make a new batch. I have been using a netti pot for 3 years now and it has made an amazing difference.