Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Using head voice inadvertedly

Hey there,
Just taking my first steps on Ken's videos on youtube, they are great. I have a question, though: when I try to do any exercise (either warm up with lip roll or using the ah vowel), in every scale, when I start to reach the breaking point, I don't know if I'm not using sometimes my head voice to go past it. Should I stop the exercise at this point (I really think it comes pretty soon), or should I continue even if it is a little hard, and that is how I stretch my chest voice?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    there are lots of factors, including vowel mods (there is a free video on the YT channel). they help you to sing higher. depending on what you want to train, you would do different things when you reach the limit. the course is laid out to address this in the right order. what you said about stretching is true, if you push yourself to the end of the range, it will grow. however, I am not sure if this can be said in general, or only if following the course in order to build the necessary foundation. the PING is a factor in growing the voice, for example
  • PedrotelesPedroteles Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the answer :)
    By the way, what is Ping?