Homeβ€Ί GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Vocal Range

I'm female and my vocal range is B2-F4. What is the name of this range? Thank you!! 😊

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    B2-F4 is the name.

If you are looking for vocal fach there is more than just range that is used to determine that.
  • SilasDzatkoSilasDzatko Member Posts: 4
    Oh. Nvm. Thanks, though.
  • heidianitaheidianita 2.0 PRO Posts: 144
    @HuduVudu is definitaly right :D
    But you are low for a female then, I would guess you are an alto. In this course we tend to not talk about that, because in the course we learn how to get bigger range and to sing with the timbre we want to. I am a mezzo-soprano. Before the course my range was about F3 to C5, more or less, with the ability to sing a few notes above that in head, like D5 to G5. Now, after 6 months on the course my range goes from D3 to D#6, without that hole of bad sound.
    I was told by a teacher of mine that I was a Contralto. I wasn't too sure and wanted more insight. Thank you πŸ‘

• guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    Hi @SilasDzatko!
    Totally agree with @HuduVudu and @heidianita. It is natural that anyone who studies singing wants to know the vocal fach, and yes, there is a classification, but you can work on your voice and reach a wide vocal range that does not fit into a single classification. So I wouldn't think much about that (totally own opinion), even to avoid limiting yourself to just notes that are within some range.
    Thank you for all of your insight! I've found my answer through my teacher this week!!
  • Natasha_SunnyMaltaNatasha_SunnyMalta Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020
    I am curious about this topic because I’ve always wondered if I am a mezzo or soprano. My voice is deep on the low but it’s softer on the high notes. All I know is that I can sing from D3 to F#6. I don’t exactly call myself a pro singer and I’ve still tons to learn. I’d very much would love to have control more in my mixed voice. That would make me sing much more confidently. Btw I’m a worship singer from a Malta πŸ™‚