Home The Singer's Lobby

belting

oke so we all know mariah carey, but im wondering if a casual 1996 mariah f5 belt is in chest or mixed. im so confused by that. i mean did she just stretch her chest up that was or does she belt in chest to a specific point under f5 and goes into mix? i dont understand the mix voice and chest voice stuff that well,. thanks in advance

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Mix is just that, a mix of the head voice and the chest voice. The artist determines how much of each that they want to get the desired sound. Typically speaking the lower you go the more chest voice you use until you use all chest voice and vis a vis the higher you go with head voice.
  • joffy666joffy666 Member Posts: 17
    HuduVudu said:

Mix is just that, a mix of the head voice and the chest voice. The artist determines how much of each that they want to get the desired sound. Typically speaking the lower you go the more chest voice you use until you use all chest voice and vis a vis the higher you go with head voice.

so if you train the voice you transition to head will be much higher as you stretch the chest register?
  • joffy666 said:

so if you train the voice you transition to head will be much higher as you stretch the chest register?

Training stretches both the chest voice and head voice, in both directions. If head voice is stretched low, and chest voice stretched high, then there are several notes where you can have both at once, and you are able to choose where you want to transition between them and what percentage of each to use.
  • joffy666joffy666 Member Posts: 17
    Sophia said:

joffy666 said:

Training stretches both the chest voice and head voice, in both directions. If head voice is stretched low, and chest voice stretched high, then there are several notes where you can have both at once, and you are able to choose where you want to transition between them and what percentage of each to use.
    Hmmmn i wonder is there any video that shows this like chest 10/90 head 20/80, 30/70 and so on?
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @joffy666,

I don't think that there is a free video on Youtube demonstrating that.

Doc