Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

"Great King Rat", a Queen cover by Eugene

Hey, everybody!

Here's Eugene. I'm new to the Singers' forum but aren't to singing. Nevertheless I've been practising basic warmup execirses for about 2 months since I bought the course. And I think I've increased my range as a result.
Here's my first unpretentious attempt at singing Queen after this training period. And I'd like to receive constructive feedback and especially specific feedback on my use of voice distortion technique:

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hey Eugene, wow that sounds really good!
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    I really like the cover!
    Good job man. I dig your distortion.
  • Options
    Eugene_FahrenheitEugene_Fahrenheit 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Thanks, lads!
    Hey, Diego! I'd listened to some demos of yours before I joined the forum. You've got an extraordinary technique. Tell me, please, how long did it take for you to perfect it to that level?..
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    edited February 2020
    @Eugene_Fahrenheit Thank you so much for the compliment , although I wouldn't say I have "perfected it" but we're trying to get there. It's taken me some time to get where I am now. Lots of trial and error. Hearing and immitating has been of great help but has also hurt me in ways. It has taken me about 8-9 years and I am STILL not satisfied. But I am starting to like my own voice more.
  • Options
    Eugene_FahrenheitEugene_Fahrenheit 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    edited February 2020
    Well, I've heard your ascending lick in the falsetto part of Somebody To Love and it's strikingly acurate to Freddie's original studio performance.
    How do you mean, "hearing and immitating has been of great help but has also hurt me in some ways"?