Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

How to learn singing by yourself?

How could I do that? I couldnt notice my voice improvement. I've been practicing for couple of months and have seen no changes to my voice 🤦😔 I still suck in singing I think I cannot make it anymore 😔 Plus i cant afford a vocal coach xD

Answers

• Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Stick with Kens program practice regularly and record yourself once a week. It will take more than a few months of training and practicing. It’s a journey and for some people longer than for others but I wouldn’t call it after two months. Give it a couple years and see how you feel. It’s a skill that takes time to develop. To develop the skill and the muscles
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    what and how are you practicing? Ken likes to say that practice does not make perfect, PERFECT PRACTICE does. we can assist you with what to practice, or if you have specific questions
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Time, lots of time and practice. I’ve been doing Ken’s course for a little over a year now but before I started I was told that I was already at a really great starting point.

What did I do to get there? 30 years of just singing daily to songs on the radio and imitating.

It’s entirely possible to teach yourself to sing good but I know if I had sought out proper instructions decades ago that it wouldn’t have taken me so long to get here.

I’d save a little bit of money here and there (it’s not hard to put aside 10-30 bucks in a jar everyone you get a pay day) and eventually just pay for some instruction. Your voice will grow much quicker and you won’t risk injuring yourself.