Home› INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Singer from Seattle

Hey guys,

My name is Taylor, I am a working musician from Seattle, Wa

I've been singing for a living since 2017. But it was pretty rough. My voice would always strain and hurt. I was just trying to push up to all my high notes. I thought I might not be cut out for singing..

Started KTVA out of desperation as I didn't really have the money to spend. but in order to make it through any more gigs I had to try something. I could tell Ken was the best on Youtube.

6 months of steady practice and study and nearly all my straining is gone, I can hit all my notes CLEAN, I know what to do after a night of heavy singing, its just the greatest money I have ever spent.

Now I feel as though I can take on the world! :) (I have a long way to go lol)

I am currently working on glottal compression and head voice.
Happy to be part of the community.

Taylor

https://youtube.com/watch?v=alrxJy49ii8

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome to the family Taylor. It's great you are finding your voice and that you can now protect it. Make sure to upgrade your student access, if you have any questions related to the course there are plenty of us talking all about it 🙂
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi Taylor, great to hear it is working for you too! unlike the link you posted ;)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Taylor, @Tjhardin21

great story. I am very happy for you that the course helped you that much. My name is Marco, I am 49 years old and I started the course 19.5 months ago - I came from nothing. Also for me the course is the best investment I ever made in myself.

This is a great community with very nice and helpful people. It would be great to see you here regularly.

Marco (Doc)