Homeโ€บ INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Good Day from Sudbury, ON

Hi all,
I'm here simply because I love to sing but knew nothing about singing. I was a decent singer without training but when I got sick a few years back, I literally could not sing a note from one day to the next, I couldn't understand what was going on... I'd lost all the muscle tone in half of my abdomen (along with more things) thus could no longer engage in any type of support, let alone proper diagrammatic support. Over the years,I've regained a lot of strength in my body but Ken's course is helping to redevelop finer muscles and much more. At the end of it all, I want to have the ability to really sing from the heart and find a freedom I've never experienced before... Healing mind, body and soul.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome to the family mate. I can only imagine how discouraging it gets when you are not able to do something you love. I've been on the course about 1.5 years now and I get grumpy if I have to take more than a week off from training.

I am starting to experience that freedom you talk about, but I've got ages to go before I feel ill have full command of my voice. Its great to have you with us, dig deep in the student area, especially new student demos and ah vowel. Hope to hear you soon ๐Ÿ™‚
  • InspiredSoulInspiredSoul 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    Wigs said:

Welcome to the family mate. I can only imagine how discouraging it gets when you are not able to do something you love. I've been on the course about 1.5 years now and I get grumpy if I have to take more than a week off from training.

I am starting to experience that freedom you talk about, but I've got ages to go before I feel ill have full command of my voice. Its great to have you with us, dig deep in the student area, especially new student demos and ah vowel. Hope to hear you soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for the warm welcome and the tip and good luck on your journey :)
  • Mark_AzziMark_Azzi 2.0 PRO Posts: 40
    Welcome. I lived in Sudbury when I was younger (moonglow to be specific). Good to see that there's another Sudbarian in KTVA.
    Mark_Azzi said:

Welcome. I lived in Sudbury when I was younger (moonglow to be specific). Good to see that there's another Sudbarian in KTVA.

Hi Mark, Thanks for the welcome :) Moonglow is a nice area, I've lived in Minnow Lake and Downtown. I'm not the only Sudbarian as a friend of mine retold me about KTVA.... It's pretty cool that there are others from here part of KTVA.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I used to live even farther east in New Brunswick.
    I feel for your situation as I blew out my voice back in the 80's screaming through an under-powered PA system... add to that a nice karate chop to my larynx that just about ended me in a street altercation. I thought I would never sing again as I was literally missing most of the 4th octave onwards up... and what I did have would fatigue very quickly and leave me hoarse even from talking too much.
    3 years later I have an unbroken range from G2 <-> F#5 and endurance for days!

There are many hills and valleys along the way, but if you persevere you'll get what you used to have and allot more.
    Be patient with yourself and be persistent in your training and you will surprise yourself :+1:
    @Furious_Phil Thank you for sharing your story, it was definitely worth the read. I strongly believe that we set our own limits and you are an example of what is possible when you believe in yourself and don't adopt other people's beliefs an limitations. Love it!