Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Need Vocal Feedback

This is a version of Elvin Bishop's Fooled Around and Fell in Love. I posted this on Facebook with not many likes so I'm worried about the song as a whole and the vocals as well. I really need some feedback on this one.
Thanks!

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    There are timing and pitch issues with this song :(
  • TcoltonTcolton 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 8
    Thanks HuduVudu.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    So I’m not so sure the timings bad. Just that line in the first verse but I thought it was kind of a stylistic choice and only one point where you didn’t get the center of the pitch. I’m not sure why you didn’t get any likes but the resonance is good. Over all it’s not bad. I think maybe the things that hurt it a little is the version of the song. I’m guessing it’s a karaoke track and I think people are just used to it in a higher key. Those are the two faults I find. The delivery of the vocals isn’t bad though. Nice job
    Thanks Sjonroz4u,
    It's not a karaoke track, I recorded it all myself. Yes, I did change the key to D which is much lower that the original key so I think you may be correct about how people perceive the vocal. I am currently re-mixing the song because some fellow engineers gave me some advice as well. This song has been a difficult one for me.
    Thanks again!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Since you posted this in the bold section I assume you are looking for critical feed back. As a caveat I'm no musician so I have no idea the amount of work it takes to record a whole song, I don't play instruments, I've been on the course for about 18 months and sing for fun.

I do generally hear some timing issues, alot of it seems to be with the instruments for me. The drums or guitar seems to go slightly off beat sometimes, it's not tight. I don't know the original and if it's meant to be like that, but in saying that the key it self fits well for me. You do have some vocals that a slightly of pitch, mainly on your belting notes, and I think you bring a bit too much weight of the vowel up there, you should try round off the sound a bit to hit the pocket.

Face book can be a hyper critical place (I'm not on it) and depending on where you post your song could be full of people that don't understand the amount of work required to produce what you did, so it a case of good or bad. I can hear alot of good things here, I reckon you did a good job. It just needs that final 10%-20% polish of everything as a whole.
    Thanks for the feedback Wig. I continue to work on the song and I will revisit the issues you mentioned.
    Thanks gain!