Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

break in falsetto but not from chest to head

hi guys i wonder why i crack in falsetto but not when i go from chest to head (only when i do it really soft) i hope i find some answers!

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I'm not sure I understand the question. An example might help.
  • joffy666joffy666 Member Posts: 17
    Wigs said:

I'm not sure I understand the question. An example might help.

like when i soflty go up in skill there wont be any yodle (or as ken says speed bump) but in falsetto like when im singing in falsetto in my head voice and try to go down it just breaks..
    Firstly KTVA refers to head voice and falsetto as head voice. This difference might be an airy or unsupported sound without good cord closure you could say is falsetto, it's hooty and flutey.

Are you saying when you ascend through your range and switch from chest to head voice you have no break but If you come back down from head to chest you break?
  • joffy666joffy666 Member Posts: 17
    Wigs said:

Firstly KTVA refers to head voice and falsetto as head voice. This difference might be an airy or unsupported sound without good cord closure you could say is falsetto, it's hooty and flutey.

Are you saying when you ascend through your range and switch from chest to head voice you have no break but If you come back down from head to chest you break?

yeah basically i can do it also the otherway around but when i do it breathy it will break
    You should still use the same amount of support for a breathy sound as you would for a clean whole tone. Using too much air constantly will dry your cords.