Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi from Switzerland

SarahSarah 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
I've just joined KTVA last night. My name is Sarah and I am singer in a fun band that plays hard rock with a shot of metal.
I have had classical singing lessons for quite some time but decided it's time to learn more about rock singing, especially distortion. The distortion technique I am using is certainly wrong, because it feels very tight in my throat. There are so many great male singers out there with cool vocal distortion skills but only a couple of female singers. So the other night, when I heard Gabriela Gunčíková on Youtube I thought I'd give it a shot here.
Looking foreward to this adventure and to all of you! I am soooo excited! :D:D:D
Cheers, Sarah <3

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Hi Sarah

Welcome to the KTVA course from the UK, this is a great course to further your singing and Ken teaches us how to safely do distortion. Look forward to hearing your future demos.

Vocality :)
  • SarahSarah 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    Hello Vocality and thanks for the welcome!
    I am just not sure how to start this...yesterday I watched through Volume 1...now I am starting with 2...Did you do it any differently? Not sure how to practice yet...
    Glad for any input. Thanks ;)
  • @Sarah Welcome! :)

There is a .PDF file within the Volume 1 folder that tells you exactly what to do. Take your time with this, and reread the .PDF regularly along with watching the Volume 1 videos many times. As you progress, more and more of it will make sense and you will have many moments of increased understanding.

Don't move on to Volume 2 yet.

As a student, you have access to the student-only areas of these forums, where there is a lot of help. The best thing to do after familiarising yourself with the course material is to read these forums as much as you can, focusing on the part of the course you are on, to begin with.
    Thanks Sophia. This helps so much! :*
  • Edukator99Edukator99 2.0 PRO Posts: 57
    Welcome Sarah! I joined about 8 weeks ago and have way less training than you. Looking forward to hearing you!
    Hi Edukator99...thanks for the message. This is day three but I am still not sure if I am understanding this course right.
    I am so used of a certain kind of practicing with my former singing teacher that it is hard for me now to do this on my own in a different way. I hope it all makes sense after a certain time. As for now, I am just going through the videos over and over and sing along a bit...trying to copy the things Ken does... :|
    How is your progress going? What are your goals?